Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

This is my first time joining any kind of online forum. I acquired my first Suzuki about a year ago. Its a 1982 gs1100e, red, with about 20k miles. It's the first road bike that I've ever really ridden more than around the block. I've been teaching myself as I go as far as fixing this or that. I absolutely love this old beast. Any kind of advice or stories and pictures of projects (finished or in the making) would be awesome to see. Thanks for having me. Looking forward to learning as much as I can from the more experienced Suzuki enthusiasts here on the gs resources.

Welcome to the site. Spend a few days, or weeks, or months perusing the site, there's all kind of eye candy on here, stock and mods. One rule of thumb for a new member is you must post pictures! we don't care if they're dirty or shinny we like them pictures.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
      Welcome to the site. Spend a few days, or weeks, or months perusing the site, there's all kind of eye candy on here, stock and mods. One rule of thumb for a new member is you must post pictures! we don't care if they're dirty or shinny we like them pictures.
      For some reason I read that last bit as "Dirty or Skinny". Welcome! Motorcycle pictures are good . I have bad eye sight.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Welcome to the site! I'm sure Basscliff will be around shortly to give you the mega welcome .

Comment

Welcome to the site.
          Just my opinion but learning to ride a bike as big and powerful as a GS1100 should be done at a MSF course.
          We want you to enjoy riding your bike for a long time.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

First Time Big Bike

Welcome and yes, that is a bit of a stretch to start on that bike. These vintage conveyances are heavy but somewhat nimble once you get rollin'.

MSF for sure and practice all the avoidance maneuvers, figure eights, going over bumps/wet pavement, zig-zagging, emergency braking. Simple stuff but you must have this ingrained so it becomes a habit reaction.

Ed

EDIT: Also learn about target fixation and counter-steering. Wear your gear too.
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 05-10-2015, 09:07 PM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

20140626_002710.jpg

Here she is. Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to picking your brains time and time again.

Comment

She looks very nice. Welcome to the site.
                1978 GS1000E
                1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                1981 GS1100E
                1982 GS1100E
                1982 GS1000SZ
                1983 GS1100ED
                1983 GS1100ESD
                1978 Honda CB750K
                1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Sideways View

Yeah, that is nice!

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Welcome, and a great looking cycle. As others mentioned....dont let the bikes age fool you. Its a powerful machine.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                    X