First member from Malta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First member from Malta?

I might just be the first member from Malta. That's the little island just south of Italy. Joined in March; needed a little help with choke on my 1981 GS450 which I bought from the UK in November 2014. Think this site is amazing; so many people willing to help so quickly! Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Attached Files
    1981 GS450

Nice 450, what's up with the choke?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      ..., what's up with the choke?
      That situation has apparently been resolved, as shown in his other thread.

Last edited by Steve; 05-19-2015, 04:03 PM.
      sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice one,ssco156! Thanks for posting a good picture! I like the chrome fender....the whole bike looks very well kept and as good or better than new!

Comment

Hey ssco! I'm not from the USA but my grandparents were born in Malta! That's a great looking bike.

Comment

Clean good looking bike.
            I see you have Hagon shocks, because I just ordered a pair for my 1100G.
            No long journeys possible on that island, but that bike would be easy to handle on ferry crossings to a lot of other places.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              Nice 450, what's up with the choke?
              Many thanks for your comment; nothing wrong with the choke just that I just didn't think that you had to pull it out to activate it. All the photos I saw on the web had a lever arrangement.
              1981 GS450

Comment

Thanks! I bought the bike with the Hagons on it. They seem to do a reasonable job seeing the state of some our roads over here!
                1981 GS450

Comment

Many thanks for your comment! Interesting to hear that your grandparents are Maltese. I've heard that there are more people of Maltese origin living outside Malta than there are here.
                  1981 GS450

Comment

The bike was originally in the USA and then spent some years in the UK before I bought it (with the chrome fender). I didn't realise that the original fender was not chrome. Thanks for your comment about the bike!
                    1981 GS450

Comment

Working...
                    X