Gforce18, 1982 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gforce18 View Post
    Spyder, it looks as though we may be in the same neck of the woods, I'm in Louisville Ky. Yes, the thought of being a first time Dad at 44 is concerning but, I'm all in. azr, I recommend you do a tandem for your first skydive. I'm a tandem instructor and it is my experience that this is the best way to be exposed to the sport. All the fun with less training and less risk. You have an experienced jumper on your back. I'd wait until summer, jumping in the cold sucks! Here's a pic of me doing a tandem as the instructor.[ATTACH=CONFIG]41986[/ATTACH]
    Very cool. Thanks for the good advice, I will remember that for sure.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Great news, I finally got the bike in my garage! She looks a little rough but, not as bad as I was expecting. Azr, you were correct, the frame is fine, the tank is the area of rust concern. I've been watching lots of videos on tank restoration and I'm encouraged,I believe I'll be able to salvage the tank. This bike requires a full tear down and rebuild but, all thing considered, I'm feeling really good about how this will go. I'll start a rebuild thread and keep up to date pics posted. I do have a busy schedule so the work will probably be fairly slow but, I will post as progress allows. Here are a few pics of how she looks now. I still need to get the seat and plastic, it was in another location. I also had to just sand and prime the tank to feel like I had gotten started. Wish me luck.
      .0dometer.jpg

Comment

1.jpgFresh off the back of my truck
        Last edited by Guest; 10-06-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

2.jpgI can only upload one file at a time, so its just post by post. ??

Comment

3.jpgA little sanding and primer on the tank just to feel like I've started the rebuild.

Comment

That must be bittersweet... You got your old machine back......looking like that..
              I foolishly sold my nicest GS (85 1150e) to my brother back in 99. A couple of years later he sold it, and I havent seen it since. In my mind its still as nice as it was when I last saw it. Not likely though. Crazy how we become attached to these infernal machines

Most here use a photo hosting sites which will let you link multiple photos to posts. I, like many use Photobucket, but at this point their barrage of ads is driving me to annoyance. Its becoming tempting to use their go ad free option at this point.
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Ah that's not too bad. We have seen lesser do more with worse around here. Can't wait to see her all dolled up and ready to roll...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I wont sell my stuff anymore. Last time I sold a bike, it was a MINT 78 HondaCB750k. Sold it, and the squid crashed it 6 weeks later. Almost made me ill. We seem to get attached to them, because we have lots of time and effort into them. They seem to become somewhat of an extension of our personality.
                  Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple:twistedevil:, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                  Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                  Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
                  X