Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy Obviously. Saying Hey.

New guy saying hi. Names Josh.

Bought a 79 GS550 3 years ago for $50 as a pile of parts. Loaded it up in my mustang and went to work getting her ready to ride. Was missing 75% of the bike so o decided to hard tail it and make it a kicker only bike. Long story short on her she's all done and fun as hell. Handles like a dream being rigid frame and take off like a rocket.

Got the wife to get her mc license and bought her a 83 shafty 850 that was already bratted. She didn't like the wight so I ride it and she sports the 550 kicker. (Lucky girl)

Been a Lurker for a while for all my needs of specs and such and decided to join this plentiful wealth of knowledge forum.

Welcome, hard to believe a bike can fit in a mustang but I's probably been done before. Glad its working for you two. There is some great expertise on this site.

Comment

Howdy Josh ! Welcome to the nut house.....actually that's in OT. Recommend you steer clear
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

As for the bike in the mustang. The guy I bought it from didn't think it would fit either. I leaned the passenger seat all the way back, put the frame and wheels on the front seat and loaded the motor and forks up in the trunk.

That's essentially all that came with the bike. Frame, harness, kerker 4-1, forks, motor and wheels. Everything.g else was gone. But I made it work. Oh and the tank. Tomorrow I'll post the pics of the bike when and how I got it and some of the build shots.

Comment

Originally posted by KickerATW View Post
          Thanks for the welcome.

As for the bike in the mustang. The guy I bought it from didn't think it would fit either. I leaned the passenger seat all the way back, put the frame and wheels on the front seat and loaded the motor and forks up in the trunk.
          What??? No pictures of that?? You didn't mention what year Mustang, but I wouldn't even attempt anything like that in my 2001.
          https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/...678005be58.jpg

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Welcome to the site. We love pics Josh.

Mike
            sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
            1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
              What??? No pictures of that?? You didn't mention what year Mustang, but I wouldn't even attempt anything like that in my 2001.
              Probably wasn't the "Mustang II".
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yea it was in my old 98 cobra. But here are some pics of the quick 3 day build. And my profile pic has it and the 850 in it.

Comment

Of course that was 3 years ago. Its now gpt nars a headlight and tailight and a rear fender on it as well as a diff seat.

Comment

Nice!
                    Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Working...
                    X