Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 2 cylinder

What's up guys,

today I purchased a GS650. I bought it to leave on Vancouver Island where I vacation during the winters. It has around 15,000 kilometers on it. I'm not gunna do much to it besides enjoy it for what it is, just gunna swap out those funky looking bars. I have some clubman bars and napolean bar-ends, that's really gunna give it a different look. I purchased the bike off of my mechanic who says that the original owner of it was a principal who only drove it on sundays and such. I worked out a deal with my mechanic to pay half now and then pay off the balance in a month so the bike is still in his possession until then. I'm trying to learn about this bike but everything that comes up in searches is about the 4 cylinders... what can you guys tell me about the 2 cylinder bikes?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2016, 04:07 PM.

GR 650s. Different animal entirely.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

thank you, and here I thought I was going crazy! I will post pics as soon as I get my hands on it.
      It's a nice bike. I was originally gunna get something with a 250, but Chris has had this one for sale in his shop since last fall. The price was right and it's in good nick!

Comment

Yes...a different animal, in some ways better. Hopefully you won't have to dig into the innards too much. Parts are a little more difficult to come by. One or two members have restored more than a few of them, and they have become somewhat common on the cafe scene.

Is it a BC bike or are you shipping the thing out from Ontario?
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
        X