Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big hello and even bigger thank you

Hi all,

Came across your forum yesterday. I just got my bike back from the MOT center Suzuki GS550LX. Bike got the MOT but not been running right.

I had this problem where she would stall when hot. I did the works from stripping down the carbs, replacing the petcock, changing plugs and HT caps but still no joy. MOT place wanted to strip down my carbs and rebuild even after I told them I just done that . Took the bike home and like I said found this forum, BINGO problem just like mine but with the advice that was needed. Check the oil, sure enough full of petrol and full to the top.

Quick oil and filter change and running like a dream.

You guys just saved me £200 from a carb rebuild from garage.

All the best

Livebait
    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2016, 10:42 AM.

Cool, now fix the petcock.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Replaced with new my friend. Mind you still no manual override to turn petrol off just the vacuum.

Comment

The vacuum will turn it off just fine if it's still working, did you test it?
        What year is your 550?
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It was first registered in UK in 2000, The reg end in W I would say 80 / 81? Its the LX model.

As the petcock was new I did not check, but there is no smell or leak on bike when not running. I need to take carbs back out as I have a little leak from carb 3 when bike is ticking over.

Only had the girl just over a year and been slowly doing her up.Like rocking horse sh!t trying to find parts but well worth it.

When weather stops raining will get pic on.

Comment

If it's an LX it's an '81. What parts are you looking for?
            1980 GS550ET

Comment

All sorted now, it's just tweaking as I go along.
              Would like to find a sissy bar with a high back. One on the bay thinking of getting.
              Was thinking of getting another fuel tank and panels to have them sprayed. Going to need to replace the exhaust soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Livebait View Post

You guys just saved me £200
                You could re-pay us with Guinness.
                82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                  You could re-pay us with Guinness.
                  or perhaps something from one of these fine establishments? and how about some pictures of the motorcycle?

Abbey Ales
                  , Camden Row, Bath, Somerset, BA1 5LB
                  Black Bear Brewery, The Bear Inn, 8-10 North Street, Wiveliscombe, Somerset, TA4 2JY
                  Blindmans Brewery, Talbot Farm, Leighton, Frome, Somerset, BA11 4PN
                  Butcombe Brewery, Cox's Green, Wrington, Bristol, BS40 5PA
                  Cheddar Ales, Winchester Farm, Draycott Road, Cheddar, Somerset, BS27 3RP
                  Cotleigh Brewery, Ford Road, Wivelsicombe, Somerset, TA4 2RE
                  Cottage Breewerry, The Old Cheese Dairy, Hornblotton Road, Lovington, Somerset, BA7 7PS
                  Dawkins Ales, The Now Thus Brewery, Unit 7, Timsbury Workshop Estate, Hayeswood Road, Timsbury, Bath BA2 0HQ
                  Exmoor Ales, Golden Hill Brewery, Wiveliscombe, Somerset, TA4 2NY
                  Glastonbury Ales, Unit 11, Wessex Park, Somerton Business Park, Somerton, Somerset, TA11 6SB
                  Kubla Brewery, The Source Building, Deans Cross, Lydeard St. Lawrence, Somerset, TA4 3QN CLOSED
                  Milk Street Brewery, The Griffin, 25 Milk Street, Frome, Somerset, BA11 3DL
                  Moor Beer Company, Moor Brewery has now moved to new premises in BRISTOL
                  North Curry Brewery , The Old Coach House, Gwyon House, Church Road, North Curry, Somerset, TA3 6LH
                  Odcombe Brewery, Masons Arms, 41 Lower Odcombe, Odcombe, Somerset, BA22 8TX
                  Quantock Brewery, Westridge Way, Broadguage Business Park, Bishop Lydeard, Taunton, TA4 3RU
                  RCH Brewery, West Hewish, Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset, BS24 6RR
                  Stocklinch Ales, Manor Farm, Stocklinch, Somerset, TA19 9JG
                  Stowey Brewery, Old Cider House, 25 Castle Street, Nether Stowey, Somerset, TA5 1LN
                  Tapstone Brewery, 11 Bartlett Park, Millfield, Chard, Somerset, TA20 2BB 01460 929156
                  Tanners Ales, The White Hart Hotel, The Square, Wiveliscombe, Somerset, TA4 2JP
                  Wild Beer Co., Lower Westcombe Farm, Evercreech, Somerset, BA4 6ER
                  Windy Brewery, The Volunteer Inn, New Road, Seavington St Michael, Somerset, TA19 0QE
                  Yeovil Ales, Unit 5, Bofors Park, Artillery Road, Lufton Trading Estate, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 8YH
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Your welcome to a BBQ anytime lol. Pics will be on when stops raining. I will bring her out garage and get some nice pics of her.

Comment

My GS 550

13330888_10153624254518321_7059415286139759784_n.jpg

Here she is.

Going in for a spray next month.

Comment

Working...
                      X