Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and New Project

Hello everyone
    I recently bought an old '81 gs650 (gt I'm pretty sure). Funny enough its my first bike I have ever owned. Most of it seems solid, the intake valve on the third cylinder does not seal fully, but I am currently in the process of replacement. Some of the electrical required some fixes so I have actually made the decision to build a fully computerized system. I am nearing the completion of a degree in electrical engineering so I have a fair amount of experience dealing with computers and electrical systems. Mechanical systems and aesthetic parts on the other hand I am sure I will have many questions regarding these topics. I using this site for a while now as a guest and figured it was time to join in on the fun. I am really looking forward to making this bike my own and learning a lot along the way. Thanks!

Also does anyone know what the title process is if not changed within the 30 day given period?

Comment

They fine you $25 per month up to $100, after that it doesn't get any worse.

Like to see some pics of the 650!
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hi, I just joined myself.
        My current bike is a GSX1100g , it has lots of modification and seems like it's been through hell and coming back so I figured the Suzuki guys on here would be my best bet for help tips and share if I can.
        The gsx1100g forum has dwindled to a yahoo bulletin board (wierd to make use of) , the Bandit forum wouldn't let me on with a hotmail email address for some reason, the GSXR forum makes my computer jam/freeze doesn't work.

I've found Suzuki to be the most interchangeable I've tinkered on so far By the way.

Comment

Unfortunately it is currently in about 50 pieces so no pics quite yet. I'll put some up as soon as it gets back into motorcycle looking shape. Got a lot of time the next few weeks so should be able to make lots of process here quickly. If anyone has any tips for computerized ignition though I would love to hear them!

Comment

And well crap.. paid $200 for the bike now going to have to shell out half of that for the title transfer...

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla View Post
              And well crap.. paid $200 for the bike now going to have to shell out half of that for the title transfer...
              I suppose that depends on if the previous owner dated the title when he signed off.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla View Post
                Could be worse.

You could have paid over $1000 and still have to pay additional.

By paying only $200, it is easier to afford the extra.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                X