X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnpGotYou View Post
    Its all yours Ed!

Quick question with the "T"

I know that the idle screw is pre-set from the factory and i was wondering if i need to sync it since it is already preset.
    The reason why i ask is that the idle screws are pretty stripped and might need to be drilled out, which i dont want to do to prevent further damages. I haven't hooked it up to a vacuum synchronizer yet but the bike starts, runs, and idles.

I would appreciate any advice!. Thanks!
    Thanks for the reply on the side covers. Have you got any pics?

As for the idle screw question, I've only changed the main jets to accommodate the V&H/4-1 exhaust system that was installed in NM. If you're bike idles/runs fine, I don't see the need to sync but I'm not the expert on that advice.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Quick update...

The bike is finally in one piece!. She starts right up and idles perfectly fine though there is one issue. It does not rev above 4000RPM. I was going through the stator papers and when i attempted to rev to 5000RPM to get a reading, it hesitated at 4000RPM and went back down to idle at 1500rpm even with throtte.
      Any ideas to what is going on?

The bike has:
      -4-1 exhaust,
      -Pod filters
      -Rejet: Main: 120
      Pilot: 45
      -Inline fuel filter

Thanks in advance for any info!

I just did a quick search and came up with a few possible issues...

1)Bad ignitor / cdi box
      2)Valve timing
      3)fuel issue
      4) jetting issue

Time for some process of elimination!
      Last edited by Guest; 09-15-2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X