Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New fuy from michigan

Hello from grand rapids. MI.

Just acquired my first Gs650. Have intentions on turbo g into a bobber or a cafe racer.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum, Wah. Bobbers don't go over very big here with some, but atleast your not chopping a pristine bike to do it. Just to be a little different, have you thought of maybe building a street tracker? They are mostly made from twins, but I think an inline four will look good also.
    :cool:GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Welcome Wah! Lots of good info here on this forum and great people to help you. There may be some that do not like chopping and bobbing but most will lend a hand anyway.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. Yes you are right. A lot of really good info here. I've been thumbing thru the site for a few days now learning what I can about the bike. This site has been a help and figured I would join.

Sorry if I get under anyone's skin. It is never my intention. But I've Always wanted to build my own bike and this one just happened to fall on my lap really cheap. Again sorry if I upset anyone with the intentions of the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Wah View Post

Just acquired my first Gs650. Have intentions on turbo g into a bobber or a cafe racer.
          A turbo cafe racer would be cool as Hell. I'd love to see the videos of the first ride. Love to watch really great motorcycles in action.

Turbo bobber, hmmm, I want to see the first ride videos but for a different reason...
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

^^tkent, get your mind out of the gutter! (lol)

Welcome to you Wah! Let us know what you do with her...moar pics too!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Helloo from about 30 miles west of you.

I had 82 GS650 for 20+ years (but was a G) (G is shaft drive).
              Never had to do much on it, never needed much of anything, since it was new. Well, other than valve adjust, but I took to dealer for that.
              (did learn to do such things on my own after got an 850 in 1994, that was not so new by then)

Looks like your 650 has already been hacked and painted all over.
              Thanks for posting. THanks for pic.

I would say to work on getting it running well, before hack it up even further and make it harder to ride.

Do update on your progress.

Did you say "turboing", or is that a fumble keystroke for "turning into".

Last edited by Redman; 06-03-2016, 09:22 PM.
              http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

My bad boys no. No turbo.... great idea! I meant turning into a bomber

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  ^^tkent, get your mind out of the gutter! (lol)

Welcome to you Wah! Let us know what you do with her...moar pics too!

Ed
                  Working on more pictures trading to sift thru the box of parts and see what all I need. So far I'm missing a carb. All intake boots as well.

Off topic I'm not sure if I'm just to new or what but why won't it let me see any sell thread's.

Comment

Originally posted by Wah View Post
                    Working on more pictures trading to sift thru the box of parts and see what all I need. So far I'm missing a carb. All intake boots as well.

Off topic I'm not sure if I'm just to new or what but why won't it let me see any sell thread's.
                    Set of 4 intake boots can be expensive, but often times well worth it even if still had them but were still and cracked and hard to work with. You will also them probably need O-Rings and the bolts.
                    Search for "Cycle O-Rings" for a kit of the orings and the bolts. You will be dealing with a fine GSR member.
                    I am refereing to the boots between the carbs and the head.

ANd then there are the boots between the carbs and air box ....
                    or maybe you dont want that, doesnt fit the image. Then you have a fun game of trying to rejet the carbs.

I think for access to the buy-sell section has some requirement about being registered for a certain period of time and/or so may post (trying to avoid spam). Not sure of the specifics, but something like that.

Hey, I see another new guy from Grand Rapids just introduced himself. Got a GS to hackup because it was cheap.

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

New guy from GR here. Looks like you have a solid start to a good build there.

Comment

Working...
                      X