New guy saying hi from Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy saying hi from Kentucky

Figured it was time to stop in, register and say hi. Just picked up a gs450 project bike and every time I look up something i find some info here

My name is Robert, I'm 30, married and have 4 kids.

i really didn't get into motorcycles until 2013 when I bought a project cb550. I built it up in just under a year, sold it, had a xs400 project I had to part with, last month I sold a zx7r that I rebuilt, couple bikes I didn't do anything with in between all that and now I picked up a gs450.

I know the purist are booing me but this 450 will be a cafe bike. I'm not a skinny jeans wearing trendy dude, I just really like the bare bones look of a well done cafe bike. Two wheels, a motor and a rider!!

anyways here's a few pics of some past bikes. Glad to be here

Cb550 the day I bought it

finished

xs400 project

recently finished zx7r

current gs450

Welcome. Yes, there are purists here, but fans of customs as well. I'm a fan of quality work regardless of genre. Good luck.
    I dig that ZX 7R. I've always loved the look of the front of those.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thank you sir.

I loved the zx but it was way more bike then I ever need lol I think it's more bike then anyone needs. Wife hated it and there's was a good chunk of change to made considering I payed 600$ for it like you seen it in the first pic.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-04-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Looks like the 450 is a nice candidate for what you have planned.

It appears that you pay attention to details, so it'll be fun to see where you take it
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Thank you. I think this gs450 will be the perfect base for a good build.

This one will go at a slower pace then my previous bikes

Comment

Working...
          X