Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New UK member, based in West Sussex

Hi everyone!

i picked up a '77 GS 750 a few weeks back and am frickin' loving it! I like old mechanical things and the GS is very high up there in my favourites.

My GS is almost fully standard and pretty scruffy, but that's how I like it. The exhaust is a chopped and seat isn't genuine but thing that's about it. Great bike and amazing handling and all round ability for something of its ago. What a beauty of a find.

If anyone knows a local garage/mechanic who can sync the carbs I'd welcome recommendations. I live in Cuckfield, near Haywards Heath.

Cheers all. James
    Attached Files

Hi James, welcome to GSR. I like your thinking behind your bike, so long as it works and so long as it's fun.

Can't help with the carb sync (unless you fancy a ride up here) but hope you'll stick around.
    The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

How near is local James? I'm under an hour's ride away and can synch your carbs for you.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

welcome James ,the gs range are great bikes ,got a 750 like you which is pretty standard,but i'v built gs750 engines into all sorts of customs.Lots of info on here from folks who know their stuff.

Comment

Welcome, James. Good to see a new member in UK. The GS750 is a great bike, I have one. Use the search function to get all kinds of good info !.
          Welcome again, Dennis.
          My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot :eagerness: and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Another welcome. You are pretty local to me too in Kent.

Check out our Facebook page (see below).

One day we might even organise a meet.

Greetings
            Richard
            sigpic
            GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
            GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
            GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
            GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
            Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
            Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Welcome James!

I like your bike...and it's a 750...and you're from England...which is cool. Get your carbs over to hampshirehog. You've got plenty of GSR members ready to meet up with you. Moar pics please...and with beautiful backdrops!

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome all! Will join the Uk Facebook page too.
                hampshirehog - will almost certainly take you up on your kind offer. Hope to get some spare time in next few weeks when can come over. Would a weekend day be OK, or when's best?
                Cheers, James

Comment

Sent you a pm James.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer
                  75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                  75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Working...
                  X