Hi from uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from uk

Hi all. I am from Kent in the UK and have had a 1979 GS850G (not quite standard) for the last 6 years. Then got a 1986 GS850G (standard apart from handlebars), and a 1983 GS1000E (hardtail, very not standard) and another 1979 850G (well, engine and frame are at least). Would like to say thank you for the wealth of information gleaned from these forums. Am currently doing engine work (cylinder strip down as base gasket leak) - I do most of my own repairs, but engines always make me nervous. Would like to add that I have the Suzuki 850 Service Manual in pdf that I can share to anyone that wants it. Thanks
    Last edited by Taboogs; 06-19-2016, 05:45 AM.

Hi Taboogs!
    How did you get so far down the list without someone saying hello? Sorry! Lots of new members lately ...You'll be an asset to the forum with your Suzuki credentials!
    Post up a picture or two of your bikes if you can manage it. We never get enough of ogling each others bikes!

Comment

Hi Taboogs and Welcome.
      If you haven't already found it http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Lol - thought it may have been because my bikes are mainly non standard. Bikecliffs site has been a big help - especially on vm carbs and specs. Having non standard bikes to start with has meant I had to learn quickly and have had fun with the gs's. I prefer older bikes anyway - my youngest one is a 1991 gsx600f katana. Pics will follow soon.

Comment

545796_10150677482110139_21177923_n.jpg
          This was my first gs850g - learnt a lot about electrics with this one - especially after a headlight fire at 60mph!! Was always a nightmare to start and could also knock out tv signals within 50yards. . .

Comment

Yes welcome.

I too am in Kent.

Check the Facebook page in my signature to get local.

There is nothing on here these guys don't know about GS bikes. You are home from home.

Greetings

In Chilham nr. Canterbury:

Richard
            sigpic
            GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
            GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
            GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
            GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
            Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
            Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Hi Taboogs
              Welcome to the forum plenty information here, there's quite a few uk members in the main they are all in the south.
              The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
              past bikes. RF900
              TL1000s
              Hayabusa
              gsx 750f x2
              197cc Francis Barnett
              various British nails

Comment

Welcome taboogs,

Definitely post pics of your bike. You have lots of members to reach out to in England.

Nice pic londonboards!

Ed
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hi Taboogs, another member here from Kent, picture of mine below
                  image.jpg
                  1981 GS1000g

Comment

Thanks. Have already joined the Facebook page for uk gs. Nice pic londonboards - I grew up near chilham and am now on the other side of Canterbury lol.
                    Attached Files

Comment

IMG_0209.jpg
                      My best 850!! 1986 almost stock except for handlebars to alleviate bad back!

Comment

2014-05-16 19.31.19.jpg
                        This is my GS1000E Hardtail (taken while under construction)

Comment

2016-06-28 14.58.21.jpg
                          This is the current condition of the 850G I'm working on at the moment - looking a lot better than it did 2 weeks ago!!

Comment

I'm a DFL but 12 years now on the Broad Oak / Robinsons side on the City.
                            Richard
                            sigpic
                            GS1150 EF bought Jun 2015
                            GS1150 ES bought Mar 2014: ES Makeover Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            GS1100 G (2) bought Aug 2013: Road Runner Project Thread AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            GS1100 G (1) Dad bought new 1985 (in rebuild) see: Dad's GS1100 G Rebuild AND blog: Go to the Blog
                            Previously owned: Suzuki GS750 EF (Canada), Suzuki GS750 (UK)(Avatar circa 1977), Yamaha XT500, Suzuki T500, Honda XL125, Garelli 50
                            Join the United Kingdom (UK) Suzuki GS Facebook Group here

Comment

Welcome to the site! I did not know the 850G was made as late as 1986. Thanks for the new info.
                              Current Bikes:
                              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                              X