no longer a GS owner, but I would like to still stick around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no longer a GS owner, but I would like to still stick around

Well I am without a GS, actually without a Suzuki to be more specific, sold off some of my bikes, the GS750e, the BMW R65ls, and about to close a deal on the Honda 350, which will leave me with my Yamaha FZ750, and my latest purchase, a 2005 BMW K1200s

I have enjoyed being here, it was an invaluable place for information while doing my GS restore, couldn't have done some of the stuff without you guys, made a number of friends even if they are only here on the site, and actually made a friend from here and we hang out, and even ride together when we get a chance (Spyug)....

Lots of good times here, and hope to have more

I might not have a GS, but still would like to kick around, shoot the chit, and help others with their GS issues if and when I can....

So it's not a complete goodbye (yah I know some would prefer that,,,,LOL) not that easy to get rid of me....

And I must put up at least a few pictures of the new bike, hope you all don't mind...

Cheers

She is a bit different from these pictures as this was the day I picked her up, I have added a GPS, changed the windscreen to a dark smoke one, new tires, and soon shorty levers

Just over 12000 Km and she is as clean as a whistle, owner before me hardly rode, but kept her clean....

and an original picture back in 2005 when the bike was done up for a raffle in the US....

some cool history....
    Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2016, 07:40 PM.

Several members here no longer own a GS, or even a Suzuki,, but have stuck around. Feel free to hang out...

Nice Beemer!

Comment

Wow!

Beautiful bikes! Hadn't seen you post on here lately...but I'm not crawling all over the place looking for your inputs.

You have gained knowledge here and helped others so I don't see you going anywhere.

My goodness those are nice bikes.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Hi ya, GK.
        As you well know it is the people that makes this a great place to visit.
        The bikes are an added bonus.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yeah, stick around.

Even our "Illustrious Leader", Frank (administrator), didn't have a GS until recently.

He was given an 1100GK project, with the idea of making it the "GSR Bike".

There is a thread about the donation and another one describing the progress.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

That is an eye-catching Beemer. Yes, stick around !
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thanks guys.....

I was going to stick around and have, just have not posted much, but someone (Trevor) said I should come clean and say I have gone to the other side,,,LOL

almost bought a 1990 GSXR 750, but after I got the BMW I had to put that purchase on hold, and unfortunately it sold....but another might come by one day....

Cheers...

the bike was painted at this dealership

holt bmw
              9000 Cycle Lane
              Athens OH 45701

kinda cool to find it after so many years, I emailed them, they only confirmed that the bike was painted by them, but they never gave me any more info after that....
              Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Gixxah!

OMG!

You want one of these? (1990)

I'd actually love to have the first year Gixxer. (1985/86)

I've already owned one of these:

Just a dream...I enjoy living through others who partake in such endeavors.

Ed
                Last edited by GSXR7ED; 07-05-2016, 10:58 PM.
                GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Absolutely stick around.

If I recall, you were one of the first people to welcome me after my late introduction.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I've been wondering what happened to you,good to hear things are going OK even if you turned to the dark side

Comment

First, those are BEAUTIFUL bikes!

Yes, stick around.....and contribute often. You have often had interesting things to say.

Not everyone on here owns a GS, and some never did.

Technically, I have two, although one is no longer complete, that being a GS1100G (my first GS) and a 2010 GS X1250 which is a recent acquisition. The GS1100GK was sold a few years ago and the GSF1200 Bandit that replaced it went two weeks ago.
                      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                        OMG!

You want one of these? (1990)
                        Just a dream...I enjoy living through others who partake in such endeavors.

Ed
                        Yup and it was in my garage for months and I had to let it go

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh!

You took very good care of her...such a great owner to keep her pristine. I would hope to meet someone like you one day who lets go of a classic Race Replica.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Didn't know you sold your 750E. That's always been one of my favorite rebuilds. Stick around for sure, there's always entertainment to be had on this forum.
                            Charles
                            --
                            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                              Ahhhhhhhhh!

You took very good care of her...such a great owner to keep her pristine. I would hope to meet someone like you one day who lets go of a classic Race Replica.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

Ed

Hey Ed....

I think you misunderstood, the GSXR was never mine, it was brought over by a fried to store for him while he worked on another bike, he did however ask if I wanted to buy it at a good price, way below what it was actually worth and way below what he sold it for just a few days ago.

I had the opportunity to buy it, but no funds, after I sold off my other 2 bikes and purchased the new BMW, money was tight, and he found a buyer, guy came by and took it home the same day....

I do wish I could have purchased it, it was in not too bad shape, but did need a good resto, paint was peeling, dent in tank, rims were pitted, but motor was strong, ran well, so the investment would have been worthwhile to a collector or someone who really wanted the bike

Had I sold my 72 Honda in time, I probably would have taken the GSXR, put a cover over her and got too her once I had all the cash and time to spend on her.....full resto would probably be north of 2 grand, but she would have been as good as new.....

Comment

Working...
                              X