Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 81 GS750E

Hi everyone.

Haven't posted in a long time. I had thought of doing a build up type thread a couple times but don't have the patience. I'm an avid old school Suzuki owner and have a couple different bikes I been riding and working on. This one here is my baby cause I started from the frame up and had alot of fun learning to build it how I want. Hopefully the image posts otherwise I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

She's an 81 GS750E. Front forks, Headlight and Brakes are all off an 82 GS1100E along with the swingarm and 17" inch rear tire. Braided stainless lines, café bars (I don't care how uncomfortable they are they look badass), Hagon shocks, RaceTech emulators, Tarozzi fork brace and rear sets. The motor is actually out of an 82 GS750T (thus the black), dynojet kit, k&n pods, Delkevic 4-1 exhaust and I got some cheap amazon turn signals that are actually pretty damn bright. The instruments and gauges are off an L model. I had no clue on the milage of the motor anyway as it sat in a barn for 20 years and fired right up.

Runs like a champ and I'm quite pleased with her. Correcting the side cover decals and getting some new tires will be this winters goal. Possibly some 1100 cams when I do the valve adjustment if I'm feeling ambitious enough.

Thanks for reading!
    Josh

IMG_20160701_150136192_HDR.jpg
    82 GS750T
    81 GS750E
    83 GS1100ES
    # Misc Parts is always > # of Running Bikes

Looks fantastic! You sure did a nice job on it for putting a few different bikes together.

Comment

I agree, it looks great.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Thanks. I been trying to post more than one pic at a time but havent figured it out yet from my phone since my pc is down. Here's one from today on this 80 degree October day lol.
        IMG_20161016_171800322.jpg
        82 GS750T
        81 GS750E
        83 GS1100ES

Comment

Looking good. Did you modify the frame or make new bushes, to mount the 1100 swingarm?

Comment

Haven't been on in awhile cause I been busy with a new job. I ended up drilling out the frame to fit the swingarm. Kinda thinking of going back to the square light just to be different and I might need the big 1100 light for another project. Always messing around and modifying something lol
            82 GS750T
            81 GS750E
            83 GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
            X