Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, just joined, live just outside Aberdeen Scotland, I have a 1982 GS1000E with GSXR forks/wheels etc. Hopefully managed to attach picture of my bike.
    Attached Files

Welcome.

Interesting bike. Are you sure it's an '82? Pretty sure that wasn't available here.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Welcome to the site, Matt.
      Some nice improvements on the bike.
      What is the story on the paint?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Wowsers!

That's an interesting bike!

I love Scotland...my wife was born in Coatbridge so I've been in the area (Edinburgh and Glasgow).

I love seeing pics of bikes from Europe with backdrops that are nothing like the US. Please ride out and capture those beautiful sceneries of your country with your bike as the focus. Thanks!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Hi Matt and welcome to GSR.

Great looking bike and fantastic paint job! Glad to see you didn't go with 'girder' forks.
          The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Welcome to the nut house Matt. You're among the nuttier if you drink Irn Bru, absolutely foul stuff, IMO. LOL!
            BTW, nice bike.
            While in Fort William a few years back, my wife picked up a can and asked the clerk what it tasted like, he wavered and thought for a bit and then said "it....it tastes like.......it tastes like Scotland!"
            Last edited by allojohn; 11-18-2016, 09:54 AM.
            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Wowsers!

I love Scotland...my wife was born in Coatbridge so I've been in the area (Edinburgh and Glasgow).

I love seeing pics of bikes from Europe with backdrops that are nothing like the US. Please ride out and capture those beautiful sceneries of your country with your bike as the focus. Thanks!

Ed
              Those look like European drop cloths to me. Nice bike and indeed interesting color scheme. Welcome!
              https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4442/...678005be58.jpg

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
              Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

I'm thinking 1980 GS1000. Welcome aboard.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                  Wowsers!

Ed
                  not today, its snowing!

Comment

that's funny, surprised I didn't think of it

Comment

documents say 1981

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You will find all you need to know here. Great looking bike!
                        Current Bikes:
                        2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Working...
                        X