Hello from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Canada

Hi all, my name is Bill, and I'm from northwestern Ontario Canada. Had a couple bikes in the past, first a 85 Yamaha RZ350 and a 89(ish) FZR600.... but nothing on two wheels for a decade or two. That is until I saw an add for a 78 GS750 for sale ....

the price was was right and it even runs, so it came home with me. The plan is to get it safety'd and registered first, then start building it into a cafe racer.
    Looks like this place is a jackpot for good info and tips.... looking forward to the build
    Attached Files

Welcome to the site, Bill.
    How far north are you? 4 month riding season?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Happy Canada Day, eh....
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Sounds like an unusual gastronomic endeavour.

Is it true that they taste like chicken....but a bit salty?
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

4 months is about right....I'm near Dryden Ontario

Comment

Canada?, thought it might be Australia going by your pic! Intrigued by the Mustang in the background?

Comment

I didn't realize we flew 8a's in the RCAF, but I hear that procurement might be taking off.

Still have the RZ350? That was my dream motorcycle when it was first released. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the bike, and your riding area.
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Welcome to the site. You will find all you need to know here, including smug comments about making sure to turn your bike right side up. ;-)
                Current Bikes:
                2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Lol. Loading pics from my iPad is a crapshoot at best.... The Mustang on the bench is another big hobby for me, been building and flying RC for 30 years, and flying full scale for almost 20!....that wasn't enough to make me broke, so I bought a motorcycle ��

Comment

Ya, sold the RZ years ago.... wish I still had it, they're worth a small fortune now��

Comment

Working...
                    X