Hello from Grayson, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Grayson, GA

Hello and I'm glad to be back to the forum after a few years away. I've been slowly getting a '83 GS850G roadworthy again after buying the bike over a year ago. Gone is the vetter fairing and luggage while new bits and service details are too much to list at this point. I'm aiming to finish up a few details and to ride over to Birmingham for the Barber Vintage Festival next month (October 4-6). I have owned a 77 GS550 and an 82 GS650G among other non Suzuki bikes. Thanks for providing a great resource for us DIY guys. This site certainly gives me extra motivation and confidence to work on these bikes myself.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark's gs850g pic.jpg
    ‘83 GS850G
    ‘12 R1200RT

Hey mate, I'm completely new to the GS scene, welcome back to a what appears to be a great forum for the GS.

Comment

Beauty!,Mark

Comment

It looks proper. I like the engine guards (also like that you removed the fairing and luggage ).
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's been fun getting the bike road worthy again. I was just able to sync carbs today on my lunch hour. No time for a test ride (grrrrr) but boy I can hear the difference!
          ‘83 GS850G
          ‘12 R1200RT

Comment

Mark,

Welcome (back) to the GSR.

Nice looking 850G there.
            Some more pics would be good too.

"balanced carbs on lunchbreak", eh.
            THat is an impressive statement.
            I usally wanted something more casual and relaxing for my lunchbreak.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Here are some pics of the bike today resting after getting to stretch its legs for a while. Just turned 21K close to home. Somewhere along the way a PO put on a tank from what I believe to be an '82. The side panels are mismatched so debating about a new paint job. For now, just gonna ride it and enjoy.
              pic5.jpg
              ‘83 GS850G
              ‘12 R1200RT

Comment

Working...
              X