Greetings from beautiful BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickjtc View Post
    The exhaust looks great but is being held together by the chrome, so I have a stainless 4 into 1 from Motad in England to put on that is 'period correct'.
    The stainless Motad exhaust is now unobtainable unless you find some NOS hidden somewhere (I looked last year, high and low).
    However, the SS Motad will last a long, long time, but it's not indestructible. It will eventually rot the downpipes after 30 years. SS != forever.
    Got the t-shirt on that.
    Having said that, my old system is still usable, just that the pipes are paper-thin now, even though the collector and muffler are perfectly ok.
    ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by nickjtc View Post
      And here it is, repainted. Yes, the decals are not quite right and the red is not exactly as original, but I was able to get a collector plate for it. Now to finish it off.
      Nice work!

gotta say remember to Watch out for salt on the roads...these bikes will rust right up through the chrome fenders so that's a place you might want to coat before spring among so many other spots- swing arm, crossover pipe...

Comment

The old bike come home. Very cool.
        Welcome.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I enjoyed reading this story and pics too! Glad it's back in your possession.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

It is encouraging to read of a long lost ride returned to a grateful first owner! I bought my first bike, a 1981 GS550T black in Burnaby at Allied Cycle and sold it in Kamloops in 1988. I would love to find it and restore it as well. No luck so far in locating it. Got back into the GS bikes a few years ago and love having one ... or two once again.
            GS550T 1981
            GS850G 1983
            GS650G 1982
            GS650G 1982 Under Restoration 😳🏍👍

Comment

Cool story. Thanks for sharing. I think a lot of us dream of having something back from our youth, as in our health and fitness. Welcome aboard.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I have the replacement exhaust from Motad. Bought it just after getting the bike back.

The only other bike I yearn to have back (of the 40+ I have owned over the years) is KUR80L, my first one. A 1972 Honda CB175, in cherry red, in England. Here it is, with a friend's CB250 of the same year, on a camping trip to south Wales, summer of 1973.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Guest; 10-31-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X