Clear All

Nice looking bike, Hank.
    New shocks? What did you order?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
      Nice looking bike, Hank.
      New shocks? What did you order?
      Progresssive 412's in 13.5 inch. Supposedly, the "heavier duty version of this "standard" shock. Hoping this means something like a 90/150 spring. I didn't want to get into pricier shocks on this.
      1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Not too bad overall. Mostly stock, but those flowers growing out of the seat might tickle a bit.

Do you not like it for the looks or the noise? I like the smooth, 4-into-1 sound, but prefer one that is quiet. If yours has a "performance" baffle and makes too much noise, there are "street" baffles available that make it sound MUCH better.

Yeah, the flowers have to go! The pipe is quite loud to me with not so great hearing. Not a bother until about 5k rpm. I'll look into different baffles, but all that will wait until at least this Winter.
        1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Originally posted by hank2 View Post
          Progresssive 412's in 13.5 inch. Supposedly, the "heavier duty version of this "standard" shock. Hoping this means something like a 90/150 spring. I didn't want to get into pricier shocks on this.
          Good choice, imho.
          Had the same setup on a GS1000. At my 165# they performed well even for "spirited" riding.
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Nice looking bike!

I'm partial to 4-1 Pipe since I have a V&H/4-1 pipe! I didn't have issues with the sound...but then again, I have custom fitted ear plugs I bought when I was in New Mexico riding with MrBill!

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

That's a purdy one. Nice find.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Got yourself a beauty there....
                -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
                X