Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparky with a GS850GL

Hello,
    I am new to the forum but have already used a ton of the information here. So thanks!
    I have a 850 that I am currently turning into more of a cafe racer type.
    I am a sparky so unlike a lot of you I enjoy the wiring.
    I just recently rebuilt my carbs and am working on a custom LCD display for my fuel/gear gauge.
    I'll probably have some pictures once I get it all together.
    I already have a Dakota Digital HLY-3106 connected and have the speedometer and tachometer working.
    Thanks for all the electrical diagrams!!

Welcome to TheGSR.
    Thanks for something of an introducetion.
    Pics of the bike would be good too,

Your custome instrument panel sounds interesting.
    THe first thing you will find about the gear indication and netural indicator circuits and such is that they are "complete the ground" circuits.
    When you find the diode in the sidestand - oil pressure circuits, we can discuss that then, if you want.

On my first GS Rally, (Texas Hill COuntry March 2005) which would be my forst occsion to stand around talking to multipe GSowners, I found it interesting to realise that many of us were electricians or electronic technicians or electrical engineers. We had chuckle thinking that makes sence with others being scared away by the GS reputation of charging problems.
    http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

I have already got the gear indication to work. I appreciate the heads up about the ground discrete signals.
      I got around that using pull up resistors on an Arduino Nano digital inputs. Pretty straight forward.
      Once I finish designing and printing the 3D printed gauge bezel I'll take pictures for you guys.
      Right now it in pieces and isn't that impressive looking.
      I've also started working on a custom seat so that makes it even rattier haha.
      If I get some time maybe I'll take some pictures along the way.
      I'm not very good about documenting progress.

Comment

Working...
      X