X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum

Hi all

Just introducing myself.

I've bought myself a bit of a project bike to give me something to do during the lockdown.

Its a 1982 GS1100GX without all the touring kit, its not in bad nick, but it's not brilliant.

So my plan is to give it a bit of a refresh and pimp it up a bit.

I'm in Leicestershire UK.

Got a few other bikes (Honda CBR600, Kawasaki Z1, Yamaha Super Tenere and KTM Superduke 1290 GT).

Kev

Welcome aboard!

Wouldn't mind seeing pics of the Kaw and KTM.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Nice collection of bike! Welcome to the madhouse!
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Welcome to the site, Kev.
        Ditto on pics of the riding stable.
        A buddy has a 1290 GT and i have ridden a 1290 R a couple times. Not sure i would still have my license if i owned either of them.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks

Tried to upload a few pics, but it refuses to do it. Maybe there is a size limit or something? Any tips appreciated.

The 1290GT is a seriously powerful bike if you want to be a hooligan, but surprisingly enough it is also a really comfortable bike 2 up and easy to ride sensibly.

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by DukeUK View Post
            Thanks

Tried to upload a few pics, but it refuses to do it. Maybe there is a size limit or something? Any tips appreciated.

The 1290GT is a seriously powerful bike if you want to be a hooligan, but surprisingly enough it is also a really comfortable bike 2 up and easy to ride sensibly.

Kev
            Welcome!

imgur.com is a good site for uploading pictures, then you just choose the "from URL"-tab on the picture thing, and it will show (and that lets you do high res too). Some prefer flickr (but its a bit fancy smanchy and requires an account I think).

I wish I had an adventure bike.
            GS1000G 1981

Comment

...if you want to be a hooligan...
              Why were you looking at me when you said that?
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Hi all

Just introducing myself.

I've bought myself a bit of a project bike to give me something to do during the lockdown.

Its a 1982 GS1100GX without all the touring kit, its not in bad nick, but it's not brilliant.

So my plan is to give it a bit of a refresh and pimp it up a bit.

I'm in Leicestershire UK.

Got a few other bikes (Honda CBR600, Kawasaki Z1, Yamaha Super Tenere and KTM Superduke 1290 GT).

Kev
                THanks for intro Kev.

Did you mean 1100GK ....?

Pictures would be good.
                Is best to host pictures on some other site like Imgur or Flickr or a few others, then use what they call their "share" function to copy the BBCode (maybe called IMG code), and paste that in your posting, will then show up as the photo image.

Welcome to TheGSR.
                Last edited by Redman; 05-12-2020, 09:33 PM. Reason: spullung
                http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Quite right its a GS1100GK not a GX. Glad one of us is paying attention.

Trying to post a pic of the KTM, others will follow if it works.

Yeeeehhhhh .... This is the ktm at the Cat and Fiddle

This is the Z1 in the back garden

This is the Super Tenere in the Pyrenees last year

This is the CBR somewhere in the Pyrenees a few years back

And last but not least the GS1100GK as it is at the moment
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2020, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Oh man, how do you choose?
                    Some lovely hardware there.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The Kaw is a '75 (Z1B), correct? Anything not stock on it?

Comment

Yes it's a Z1B but a '74 model. It had a full nut and bolt restoration in 2007 by RWHS in Market Drayton. I bought it from them a few years ago. It's pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                          Oh man, how do you choose?
                          Some lovely hardware there.
                          Thanks. There is always a favourite but its never the same one for long lol

Comment

Wow, living the dream!
                            -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Exceptional bikes there. Thanks for posting pics.

Pyrenees

Pyrenees

THe only time I ever expect to see the Pyrenees is when watching Tour DeFrance on TV.

Yep that is a GK (not regular G), I can see the extra gussets on downtubes for the fairing mounts. I have reason to suspect that is not a stock GK front end, maybe a G front end. I mention this only since the GK front end has larger diameter fork tubes (41mm not 37?38?) and fork tubes are spaced further apart (effecting tripple clamps, headlight mounting and front fender), and such might effect parts selctions, such as fork seals.
                              http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
                              Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Working...
                              X