Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DukeUK View Post
    Yes it's a Z1B but a '74 model.
    I'm a little confused. I thought a '73 (what I owned) was just a plain Z1, '74 an "A," '75 a "B," and a '76, a KZ. 1977 brought the KZ1000.

I also thought '73s and '74s came with black engines.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yep your correct, it's a 1974 Z1A not a B. I think some of the early 74's came with the black engine, but they changed this because the paint kept coming off.

Comment

Wow, super impressed with that.

I thought it was a GK because of the fairing mounts (well that and the fact it said GK on the side). But this might explain something. I bought some s/s brake lines for a GK and they don't fit. The bottom hoses for the front are OK but the top one is about 100mm too long. Also I did a search on the forum and the consensus was the front bearings were 45mm diameter whereas mine are 42mm, although the Wemoto ones were also 42mm and fit fine, so I could just be getting paranoid. I've bought some fork seals so I'll let you know when they don't fit lol. The Wemoto brake disks also don't fit but I think that was just a cock up from their end.

I can certainly recommend the Pyrenees to anyone on this side of the pond who hasn't tried it. We ship the bike down to Barcelona and pick it up from there so it saves the 900mile motorway boredom.

Comment

Working...
        X