Yuriy's 1979 gs1000e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuriy's 1979 gs1000e

My name is Yuriy and I am from Canada. Always liked old bikes and recently bought my first bike Suzuki 1979 GS1000E.

20200507_210258_cr.jpg

Used to drive bike many years ago when I was 12 year old - my granddads soviet Ural.

Bought it as project as it was not running, it starts now and upon further inspection looks like it needs more than I expected from beginning.
    Have a lot of questions and parts requests in future.

Welcome. Nice bike, and still has the original exhausts !
    Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
    VM Carb rebuild tutorial
    Bikecliff's website
    The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Welcome...bike looks great!

No signature :(

Comment

Looks really clean & original for a 40+ yr. old bike. Congrats, welcome, & good luck.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Thanks. It looks way better on pictures than actually is. Too many hands were in it. Exhaust rotted, so looks like I am not keeping it. Like to work on it with my hands and have some money to invest in it to make it drive and look how I like.

No plans to drive it this year, so I hope it will fine

Comment

Congrats, Yuriy, good looking bike! I am finishing getting my GS1100GK ready for the road.

Learned a lot by going through every system of the bike, replacing every piece of rubber from tires, brake lines to O-rings, checking every electrical connection etc.

Comment

Working...
            X