New Member From Canada With An 1983 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ourgang View Post
    I also have a Collector plate for my 1983 Honda however I am not aware of a Multi-collector plate. How does that work?
    Once your bike is approved for collector plates and you have more than one...you simply apply for the multi plate...all your collector approved bikes on one plate...you just move the plate around.
    I pay $355 a year for my 4 bikes currently on the plate. And I could have say 30 bikes on that plate and the premium never raises.

I choose to have full coverage on all my collector plates with agreed value so I pay $645 for all of them.
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
      I never pursueIt's not as great an option as it was years ago, and it could use some tweaking the collector plate option as I used my motorcycle for work. g like the rest of the system ICBC has given us, but Trevor can give you the details in at least how it works for him.

I'm just across the river and East Richmond, if you ever need a hand in the shop and COVID eases up.

- Derrick
      Why do you say that? It's only become better....the cost have actually come down for the multi plate...
      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Why do you say that? It's only become better....the cost have actually come down for the multi plate...
        At one point the cost went up, and then I lost interest. I guess I haven't been keeping up to date as closely as I could.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

At one point the cost went up, and then I lost interest. I guess I haven't been keeping up to date as closely as I could.
          Hmm in the 9 years I’ve had one they have only come down. It’s still about a 75% savings over a regular plate
          No signature

Comment

Hmm in the 9 years I’ve had one they have only come down. It’s still about a 75% savings over a regular plate
            If I hadn't lost my garage, I'd be up for getting it. Unfortunately, I can't have the motorcycles in the condo garage without a plate, even if they are covered by the multiple collector
            '83 GS650G

Comment

If I hadn't lost my garage, I'd be up for getting it. Unfortunately, I can't have the motorcycles in the condo garage without a plate, even if they are covered by the multiple collector
              That's the stupidest rule I have ever heard.
              2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
              2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
              2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
                That's the stupidest rule I have ever heard.
                Insurance buddy...frickin condo life
                '83 GS650G

Comment

Insurance buddy...frickin condo life
                  But the un-plated bikes would be insured through the multi-plate regardless of whether they're wearing the plate or not, right?

Strata living ain't living.
                  2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                  2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                  2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

It depends. I have been led to believe they wouldn't be.

I believe they are insured while on the road, but are not covered in the context of PLPD in the condo, i.e. should they cause damage to person or property. I do have to check into that to confirm, but the reality is I can't realistically keep multiple motorcycles in the parkade as we only have one parking stall, and I can't work on anything. There are some battles not worth taking on.

Yes, I agree about condo living. If we could afford to not do it and live somehere near to work, we would.
                    '83 GS650G

Comment

You may be right that they're uninsured while not wearing the plate unless you opt for optional storage coverage. There's a discussion ongoing over at the BC Classics bike forum on this very topic.

Seems that you need extra coverage for storage on top of your collector multi-plate. Maybe. It's government so it has to be confusing by nature.
                      2005 Suzuki Hayabusa
                      2010 Suzuki GSX1250FA
                      2015 BMW RnineT

Dave

Comment

Yes...and combine government red tape with Strata rules and it just becomes a hot mess.

However, after reading through that short thread, I should probably follow up with my insurance broker about storage insurance. We've done it with our SUV, but it still needed to wear a plate, and I'm unclear how it would work in a multi-vehicle situation.

ICBC is not exactly the most transparent organization out there. My 40% discount seemed to disappear this year, too, judging by the 40% rise in my insurance (what was that about saving?)
                        '83 GS650G

Comment

Yes...and combine government red tape with Strata rules and it just becomes a hot mess.

However, after reading through that short thread, I should probably follow up with my insurance broker about storage insurance. We've done it with our SUV, but it still needed to wear a plate, and I'm unclear how it would work in a multi-vehicle situation.

ICBC is not exactly the most transparent organization out there. My 40% discount seemed to disappear this year, too, judging by the 40% rise in my insurance (what was that about saving?)
                          Just got my Truck insurance renewal... it went up about 5%
                          No signature

Comment

Oops.

Sorry about the thread hijack. That doesn't happen (much) around here. Let's try to steer back in the right direction and take the insurance discussion elsewhere.
                            '83 GS650G

Comment

Oops.

Sorry about the thread hijack. That doesn't happen (much) around here. Let's try to steer back in the right direction and take the insurance discussion elsewhere.
                              I guess you are upset? Lol
                              No signature

Comment

I guess you are upset? Lol
                                You have to take into account where it was hijacked from - an 11ED! RED!!
                                1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                                X