First day riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First day riding

I just got my bike finished Saturday. Of course I went for a ride immediately. I put nearly 60 miles on the bike, it was great. On my way home, less than 100 feet from my driveway, I dumped the bike in some gravel. It was so embarrassing. I was making a slow speed right turn and low sided at about 5 mph. There was no severe damage to either me or my bike. I got a little road rash about the diameter of a golf ball on my right arm and I broke the right turn signal lens on the bike. Over all a pleasant day, though. I put another 30 miles under me yesterday, I love riding.

Sounds like you had fun on the bike. Nothing like riding!
    Watch that gravel though. Slow down even more if you have to. The front wheel can wash out even if going under 5 mph.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Congrats on getting the bike rideable. That gravel is Nasty stuff! Glad the damage to you and the bike is Minimal.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Yeah, gravel sucks. The patch I slid out in was only about 10 feet wide. For the time being I have changed my route to avoid turning over the gravel.

Comment

Working...
        X