The Trip from HELL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trip from HELL!

Sounds like Earl had one of those this Week Both To and From the Ashville Rally. The worst I have dealt with is getting caught in a Thunder Storm. What's your worst Road Trip You lived through and Maybe even looked back on and Laughed?
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

The worst road trip was only bad due to weather.
    Back in the late 80's, don't ask me what year 8O , I rode from Chattanooga Tenn. to Melbourne Fla. About 650 miles.
    As soon as I left Chattanooga the rain started.
    Rained until I pulled into my garage in Melbourne, 10 hours later.
    Thankfully I had a rainsuit. The only thing wet was my hands and feet.
    The old KZ1000J made it all the way without a problem.
    The scariest was when the front wheel tried to hydroplane on 1-10 8O 8O 8O 8O
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I wrote about it in the First Love story, I rode 400 miles through driving rain from Mineola Texas to Lafayette in 1970 on a small 180cc Yamaha. I don't remember ever being so wet and so tired and so cold when I finally got home. I stopped in a small town a third of the way home and bought a rain suit in a local Gibson store but it didn't help. I think to this day I avoid riding in the rain like the plague.

Comment

Re: The Trip from HELL!

Yeah, rain so hard for about 650 miles, I had to run with my faceshield open because I couldnt see through the night glare and mist with it closed. I took in enough water through my open helmet to run down my collar and fill both boots, which then simply kept overflowing all night long. After a while, it gets a wee tad uncomfortable. :-) Riding in rain doesnt scare me, but I have never enjoyed it. :-) I hate it when my Victorias Secrets are wet. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by marvinsc
        Sounds like Earl had one of those this Week Both To and From the Ashville Rally. The worst I have dealt with is getting caught in a Thunder Storm. What's your worst Road Trip You lived through and Maybe even looked back on and Laughed?
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Dang Earl, sounds like you couldn't have gotten any Wetter riding in your Birthday Suit! 8O But we wouldn't want you setting a Poor Safety Example now would we?
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Birthday suit would not have been as wet. In this instance, a rain suit was nothing more than a person shaped swimming pool. At any given time, I probabl;y had 10 gallons of water inside the suit. LOL I needed faucets on my boots to drain water. May have to make that mod. :-) :-)

E.

Originally posted by marvinsc
            Dang Earl, sounds like you couldn't have gotten any Wetter riding in your Birthday Suit! 8O But we wouldn't want you setting a Poor Safety Example now would we?

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
              ... I needed faucets on my boots to drain water. May have to make that mod. :-) :-)

E.
              I just got this mental image of an old-fashioned water tap sticking out of the heel of each boot, like a set of spurs.

LOL... :P
              sigpic

SUZUKI:
              1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
              HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
              KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
              YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

It appears you may be ready for one of those Windjammer Fairings, Earl!

Brad tt

Comment

I'm not old enough for a Windjammer. LOL About the only use I will have for a Windjammer is to mount it to my walker as a windblock while I'm rollerblading. I dont own a walker............................. yet. :-)

E.

Originally posted by bradleymaynar
                  It appears you may be ready for one of those Windjammer Fairings, Earl!

Brad tt

Comment

Working...
                  X