Harley Rider Compliment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harley Rider Compliment

I was on my EZ at a light yesterday and a guy on a Harley pulled up along side me. I thought he was some sort of Jewish rider judging by the small "helmet" he was wearing. Refering to the Supertrapp exhaust on my bike, he asked my what I thought of it. I said it worked fine. He then said, "That's an 1100, eh?" Pretty small for an 1100." I thought that was rather odd, as I consider it a rather large bike. Then again, I'm 6'2'' and 270lbs, so I guess I dwarf damn near anything I ride. I told him the bike was an '82, and he said, "Wow, that's in pretty nice shape!" I thanked him and left the light with a smile on my face.
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Naw, us Jewish riders almost exclusively wear full-face helmets, 'cause our grandmothers would guilt us to death if any of us crashed and screwed up all that expensive dental work done when we were kids, "with the orthodontist who was so cute, oh he married that Goldstein girl... she was so nice, always said such nice things about her mother... I bet she calls her mother, like you never call yours... and when are you going to find a nice girl of your own? you should get rid of that motorcycle... nice Jewish women never date men with motorcycles, and then how will you ever have great-grandchildren for me?... "
    :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've had a number of nice comments from Harley biker types about my 1100, mostly from riders of older or touring style HDs.

Comment

I was in Bumphus HD in Memphis today, I know they aren't HIGH TECH, but Damn some of them are Pretty. 8)
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I guess you all heard about the dyslexic Jewish mother?

She said 'Yo!'

Comment

A compliment offered? That guy must have stolen that HD!

Comment

Every now and again a Harley rider wearing nothing more than jeans and a t-shirt *initiates* a wave. I always wave back.

At least, after recovering from shock.

Comment

Just today I was following a harley with gear and leathers strapped on the back through the city. We stopped side by side at a light.
              He goes Sure is summer.
              I grinned "It's always summer for me!"
              He looked over and saw my saltstained, rusty GS and smiled.
              Those big hd's are way faster than us for the first few meters. His engine was twice the size of mine, but he was in 4th while I was easing into my power band in 2nd. He started speeding 15 over so I just let him get away.
              Custom plate: "RNFREE"

Comment

Working...
              X