X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beby99
    Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
    Originally posted by arveejay
    I too avoid riding in the rain anymore. Got caught in rain for 300 miles in kansas years ago and I've hated it since. I can wait for nice weather to ride. I ride for the enjoyment, and I can't enjoy it in the rain.
    That's how I feel too.
    I know how to ride in the rain...I just prefer not to.

Keith.....if my bike was as shiny as yours I would'nt ride in the rain either.
    :P :P :P
    Neither would I. I think I would put it in a museum! :mrgreen:
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
      Originally posted by beby99
      Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
      Originally posted by arveejay
      I too avoid riding in the rain anymore. Got caught in rain for 300 miles in kansas years ago and I've hated it since. I can wait for nice weather to ride. I ride for the enjoyment, and I can't enjoy it in the rain.
      That's how I feel too.
      I know how to ride in the rain...I just prefer not to.

Keith.....if my bike was as shiny as yours I would'nt ride in the rain either.
      :P :P :P
      Neither would I. I think I would put it in a museum! :mrgreen:
      My bike wouldn't be happy in a museum! She's a runner!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

What if you signed up for a track day. Would you forfeit your prepayed entry?

It wouldn't be as pleasant or desirable, but I'd still rail around for $300 bucks.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I live in the Pacific NW too, but I never ride in the rain if I can help it. Risking my life will never be something I adopt to.

Ace.

Comment

Riding a motorcycle is adapting to risk.
            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

There are levels of risk. I'm willing to accept the risk of motorcycling on dry pavement, but not on wet. I've gone down on a busy freeway trying to brake on wet pavement. I learned my lesson.

Comment

It works best if the wheels arent locked. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by flyingace
                There are levels of risk. I'm willing to accept the risk of motorcycling on dry pavement, but not on wet. I've gone down on a busy freeway trying to brake on wet pavement. I learned my lesson.
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

I know. It was hard being my own ABS system with the back of a car coming at me so fast. 8O

Comment

All the times I have crashed, have been in the dry.

Comment

I know exactly what you mean. I've been in that situation when all the braking I could controllably use in the rain was not going to be enough.
                      My solution is to brake as much as I can until I have minimum manuvering space remaining and then forget the brakes, put a little throttle back into it and use manuverability to avoid. There is no rule that says you must manuver on road. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by flyingace
                      I know. It was hard being my own ABS system with the back of a car coming at me so fast. 8O
                      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X