• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Glad to hear you're alright!
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I know it'll sound odd coming from me, but if you can settle this in a way you feel is reasonable by going through YOUR insurance company, unless your injuries are more severe or permanent, you're probably better off at least putting contracting a lawyer on hold. The 30% is not a big deal, because they're likely to get at least that much more. But.....if you know your injuries are not permanent, the settlement through the insurance is companies is likely to be reasonable - you'll be relatively small fish. Do make sure you're certain about the nature of your injuries before you settle for anything beyond your bike.

That said, if they give a slight hint of jacking you around and don't appear to be acting in good faith, call a lawyer.

And.....be very precise in your language dealing with insurance companies. Even though you know you're not at fault, the language you choose is important. You need to present yourself as the most defensive rider and the planet and make certain that what you indicates that NO ONE could've done a better job of avoidance.

And.....I agree that you're partly lucky. The other part is that you have enough sense to make the choice to strap that bucket on your head.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Never underestimate the effects of the God-factor. I am a believer.
        Miracles DO happen. I get them all the time.

Glad you are OK. Please make sure you see a doctor. The insurance co. WILL pay for it.

At least the guy who hit you was remorseful.

pmint 8)

Comment

Glad to hear your ok...

God is good...you are (thankfully) living proof.

Comment

Youch! I winced a bit while reading your story... glad ya walked away relatively unscathed.

Helmets are good.

Comment

Glad you're alright. Keep asking those hard questions, avoid the easy answers and you'll continue to be a good pastor too.

Comment

God Is Great

...............................................God Is Great..........................................

Comment

Working...
                X