The dissappearing kickstand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dissappearing kickstand

Just bought my first bike last night, and decided to start it up and move it up the driveway a little closer to the house. Every thing went fine until I got it to where I wanted it and shut it down.

I had a brain cramp and forgot to put the kickstand back down. Needless to say that the bike tipped over on its side. My only saving grace is that I have a dirt drive way and up by the house it is very soft. I even had a board in place to put the kickstand on, but it didn't do much good.

No damage to the bike or rider, just some mashed grass and a big dent in my pride. My wife happened to be looking out the window at the time.

Picked it up without a problem, even though I am a little guy. 5'9" 155lbs. The bike outways me by several hundred pounds, but I got my hands under the tank and it felt like it stood it self up.

Hopefully I never have to lift it again, well at least I know that I can if it ever happens.

Anothr Scotty.
    At leqast it didn't land on you...see above
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

As soon as I felt it starting to tip I got out of the way. First rule in back safety 101 is if something is falling, you let it fall. Worry about getting it off the ground after it stops.

My father in law worked for the electrical company many years back and tried to stop a 500 pound transformer from rolling off the back of the truck. Lets just say that half of his back muscles on one side ripped off the spine. 8O

Comment

OK, I didn't need that mental image! 8O 8O

Dare I ask if he was successfully repaired?

Comment

Yes, he is fine now. Has to watch what he lifts though. He is pretty good shape for having this type of injury. He is a blacksmith in his free time. I've been apprenticing with him for about 2.5 years now. We do a lot of demenstrations at fairs.

Comment

Working...
          X