Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went out riding with GSbert today (Pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out riding with GSbert today (Pics)

...just groovin' along the chateauguay river for a couple of hours.
    we stopped for gas and exchanged ideas on how to change the world...

small world after all

nice meeting you Bert! 8)

hey! i went on that ride, it was fun...

after so long without a bike, it was really neat to go with you and meet some twisties. we should do it again. it got me to trust that red beast a bit.

and the next ride, we should end at your garage or my place. i can remake the world a lot better over a beer.

thanks dude.

Comment

sweeet

Those things look great. Is that a stock windscreen/headlight on the black bike?

Comment

Re: sweeet

Originally posted by mikeb23ft
        Those things look great. Is that a stock windscreen/headlight on the black bike?
        not much is 'stock' on those two but most of the stuff is from other suzuki doner bikes (suspension/wheels/brakes...GSX-R)

the cafe fairing on the black bike is a cut down version of the full fairing from the other bike!
        GS1150/EFE+hacksaw+file+sanding+homemade brackets...

and thanks for the compliment!

Comment

Great looking bikes guys.

Next time you should come east (if there are some decent roads) and we can meet halfway.

I'm just getting used to some of the roads in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by satchmo
            Great looking bikes guys.

Next time you should come east (if there are some decent roads) and we can meet halfway.

I'm just getting used to some of the roads in the area.
            sounds good to me!

Comment

Very nice bikes, both well built without being overdone. Dig the clip-ons.

Ride On, Ed.
              1983 GS750ED
              2005 GSF1200SZ

Comment

huh? neither bike has clip ons ...

Comment

Two very nice bikes 8)

Comment

What do you call them there bars on the 1150? Look like clip-ons to me. In any case, both are very clean and well done. How do the bar end mirrors on the 1100 work out? I was thinking of going with a similar setup on my 750ED.

Ride On, Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
                      What do you call them there bars on the 1150? Look like clip-ons to me. In any case, both are very clean and well done. How do the bar end mirrors on the 1100 work out? I was thinking of going with a similar setup on my 750ED.

Ride On, Ed.
                      first off: thanks for the compliments

the bars on the 1150 are the gsxR bars that came with that front end
                      the bars on my 1100 are the ones off an EFE/1150, the front end i'm using on that bike (bars/triples/forks)
                      the bar-end mirrors are great! i love the cafe look off course but i like the fact that i see what's going on behind me and not mostly my elbows.

ps: i do have a set of Katana clip ons if your interested

Comment

I am not used to seeing GSXR clip-ons on an 1150-that is a nice setup. I thought the 1100 bars looked like ES bars (same as EFE)-about a 2-3in rise from the triples.

Thanks for the offer- I have LSL clip-ons on the 750 and Pro-Tek clip-ons on the Bandit.

Ride On, Ed.
                        1983 GS750ED
                        2005 GSF1200SZ

Comment

man I am really impressed with the 1150. Just PMed you.

Comment

Re: Went out riding with GSbert today (Pics)

Originally posted by solo suzuki
                            ...just groovin' along the chateauguay river for a couple of hours.
                            we stopped for gas and exchanged ideas on how to change the world...

small world after all

nice meeting you Bert! 8)

8) I've got a pic of the black one on my desktop that damn thing is wicked

as soon as time and money permits I'm trying to make a twin for it.LOL 8)

Comment

Working...
                            X