Feeling confident again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling confident again....

Today I rode my bike from work to the lawyer, and then to potbelly, and then home.

Several interesting things happened.

First, my petcock was leaknig. It's not leaking anymore. That shocks me a bit. I did order a gasket to fix it though.

If you're all curious, I'll share the lawyer stories. I got to the lawyer quickly, safely. And learned my bike runs great at all but full throttle. I think I may need to bow to first timer and get K&N's... *grumbles* I also lost a sidecover on the way to work the other night. *sighs* Those sidecovers were so pretty. At least I have one left.

And then, I left the lawyer. I found my way to the highway. I went charging down the onramp onto 294. And as I was approachign the ramp, I decide my velocity was a little to high. So I fed on the binders.... I felt the front tire skip and slide over a good bump. This is the first time I've felt the front tire slide in months. it happened. I felt in control. I took that onramp wonderfully fast. I won't say I could have drug a knee, but it just felt good to me.

the ramp from 294 to 88 was less fun. to much traffic. However the midwest road exit, well not so much the exit, but the whole set of intersections there. I did let myself get a little aggresive, and turning into the subdivision where potbelly is, I got that bike way, way over.

Finally, gettnig off 88 at rt31. That exit is a multi apex corner. It was so much fun. once again hard on the brakes, got the howl of hard braking. Leaning the bike deep into the corner. Every little agressive move, there was just the right feel. I think getting the engine sorted out, has made my bike much more inspiring. I think I finally understand the love of literbikes. 700cc's is close enough :-)

not to mention getting that front wheel nice and light on first gear corners. *grins wildly*

I just ask... everyone remind me to stay calm on the galena ride ;-)
    You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
    If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
    1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
    1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
    1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
    1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
    1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Rock on buddy 8)

No stoppin the riding spirit :P

Comment

You were hauling ass in Galena and WI...I was like 8O and then I was like and then I was like 8) and then I was like :twisted: \/ but seriously......dunno if its the extra ccs, or the extra disk up front but looked like a different rider to me/us.

As for the side covers, I've lost 2 on the 550. Since then its a zip tie on every time. If I need access I cut them off and slap another on when I need it. They simply will not stay on the bike otherwise.

Front tire skipping isn't fun. Happened for the first time on our ride in a corner...must have been a rock or something because the tire chirped but I rolled through it. Not cool.... 8O

Comment

Working...
      X