Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Comment

Harley released a Screamin' Eagle Vrod Destroyer last year set up stricly for the strip. Wheelie bars even came with it, straight off the showroom floor. Experienced riders were getting in the high 9's with it. I'm guessing this is what our man has here, which means he wasn't lying, it is bone stock (with cams, head work, carb, velocity stacks, pipe, air shifter etc.).

This bike will smoke any stock GS bike with a good pilot.

I still wanna race it!!
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Man, after posting that pic, I'm again reminded how UNBELIEVABLY HIDEOUS looking those bikes are. Harley designers need to drink less Old Millwalkie...
        Currently bikeless
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
          Man, after posting that pic, I'm again reminded how UNBELIEVABLY HIDEOUS looking those bikes are. Harley designers need to drink less Old Millwalkie...
          I like it Geoff. A lot

To each his own though. If I were to get an HD, it would not be the Rod.

Comment

Harley released a Screamin' Eagle Vrod Destroyer last year set up stricly for the strip.... I'm guessing this is what our man has here, which means he wasn't lying...
            Good of you Jethro giving Mr. Trollbush the benefit of the doubt, but go back and look at his timing slip...it's dated August of 2004, bit before the Destroyer. This guy is a keyboard racer.

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
              This guy is a keyboard racer.
              Ctrl, Alt, Delete, Vroom!
              O_O
              O_O
              O_O
              O_O
              O_O
              O_O
              O_O
              [[ ]]
              [[ ]]

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor
                Good of you Jethro giving Mr. Trollbush the benefit of the doubt, but go back and look at his timing slip...it's dated August of 2004, bit before the Destroyer. This guy is a keyboard racer.
                Whoa, he must have had the prototype then, huh? :?

Originally posted by 8trackmind
                Ctrl, Alt, Delete, Vroom!
                He's a ninja-clicking fool!! :twisted:
                Currently bikeless

Comment

Get used to it, with pollution controls coming soon, I am willing to bet every HD will have that engine, or a variant of it..

Comment

How do pollution controls have anything to do with the physical styling of the bike in this case? That's not the problem.

Comment

1550 stroked, no nitrous, no turbo, no blower.
                      Believe what you will.....I'm out. Hope to meet up with you guys some day....Have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by jrforbush
                        Believe what you will.....I'm out. Hope to meet up with you guys some day....Have a nice day
                        Ahhh..... so NOT bone stock like you said originally...
                        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by jrforbush
                          Still wanna race the Vrod, but he's not willing to play...\\/
                          Currently bikeless

Comment

Originally posted by fastpakr
                            How do pollution controls have anything to do with the physical styling of the bike in this case? That's not the problem.
                            Exactly. The motor seems fantastic, I just don't like the go-cart looking frame on the outside of the gas tank. And is that an air scoop on the front? They aren't liquid cooled, right? The tank looks like a half a grapefruit, or maybe a turtle shell.

Otherwise there is no doubt that this is the best motor in a Harley yet. They are fast, for sure. That's why I wanna race it!
                            Currently bikeless

Comment

Still wanna race the Vrod, but he's not willing to play...\\/
                              I think he is closer to me than to you. The drag slip is from Sacramento. I'd love to run with it! BTW, yes, they are liquid cooled.

I liked that silver one they came out with a few years ago. It IS kinda funny looking, but I like it. If I were to buy a Harley, it would be a Vrod. At least I could keep up with my friends. :-D
                              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                              79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

A liquid cooled Harley that goes fast. Hell has frozen over.
                                Currently bikeless

Comment

Working...
                                X