GS450 Automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 Automatic

I'm now officially the owner of a gs450 automatic. It's the lazy girls bike. I treated myself after 20 years thanks to one of the other members. When I told my husband what i wanted to get he thought i had deffinetly lost my mind. He went on the forum an found a post from BigMattyD and some others respoding to his new bike and he quickly got on board. The search took awhile and after many failed attempts I was talking to some friends one night a pool party. Our buddy informed me he had just that bike in his garage.I told him i'll take it sight un seen.A relative of his bought it brand new in 1982 after finding out he had cancer and was terminal.He put 700 miles on it before he died. A few others drove it a few times and then it just sat. After some carb problems and a lost title mix up the bike is mine.It looks like brand new and i drove it every day till it dipped below 50 degrees. The trip to work was alittle cold but worth every minute.Now i have 1002 miles on it and thank god its snowing because if it was nice i would want to ride and I broke my Ribs so i would be very misserable passing everyone else one their bikes. I will be all healed in time for spring and have all the gear ready to go. So when you pass the silver and black 450 followed by the yamaha 750 wave thats me and my husband and the 4 kids are at home!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Autogirl, Welcome to the GSR and congrats on the new GS. Those are a fairly rare and unique bike. Heal well, I can't imagine the pain riding with broken ribs must yield. Enjoy the new bike and the site. Have you seen this http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/gsers, it's pretty neat. Ray
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club [url]http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum/showthread.php?t=122394[/url]
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

WELCOME!! It brings a big smile knowing someone has found something they enjoy so much. Glad to have you here. I posted on another of your threads, but in case you miss seeing my post, I'll put this comment here also.
      It is life threatening important that you do not ride the bike with 20 year old hard, dry rotted tires on it. They will kill you quickly. Buy new tires before riding another inch.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

An automatic motorcycle? That's different. That would be perfect for a new rider.

Comment

yeah, technically it's a semi-automatic, in that you have to upshift manually from 1st to 2nd... you can start out in second, but it is a dog that way.

autogirl -- my 450A's are cold-natured beasts, the further the ambient goes below 50 deg F, the less inclined they are to run but I guess this is true of many 22+ yr. old carburetors.

most of the other posters gave you great advice on getting yours roadworthy. another thing to inspect closely is the inside of the gas tank, for rust...

Comment

Working...
          X