Went for a Chilly Ride Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for a Chilly Ride Today!

We have had a couple of weeks of Gray, Damp, Chilly Weather here lately and I hadn't started the GS in a couple of Weeks. Since it got cool, I have to put it on the Battery Tender to get it to Start at All. It was Sunny and about 40*F this afternoon and I was sitting Here at the Computer when I heard it from about a Half Mile away. The unmistakable High Pitched Whine of a Crotch Rocket Wound up Tight! When He Flashed in front of the House He was at 120+ easy, maybe faster! 8O
    That was Enough!, I hooked up the Tender and started getting My gear on. When She fired up I headed out on a 5 mile shakedown run since She hadn't been ridden since Thanksgiving. When I got back to the House I knew Two things, The Idle needed adjusting and My Tecnic Leather Jacket was NOT enough. I checked the air pressure in the Tires and it was Low. I adjusted the Idle and changed into a Snowboarding Jacket and headed into town. Added air to the tires and headed over to Wal Mart for some Sta Bil. I added the Sta Bil while at Wal Mart so It could circulate through the whole system During the ride home. I also noted that Wal Mart has a battery for the 850 for 31.99. (added that to my Christmas list!) All in All it was a nice ride after I got the right gear on. Only My face got really cold so I think I will also add a face stocking from the Hunting Dept. to My List as well.

I didn't wind it up as tight as the Crotch Rocket that got Me inspired, but that ain't the 850's purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

[URL="http://s7.photobucket.com/user/marvinsc/media/RiddenStates.png.html"][IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/marvinsc/RiddenStates.png[/IMG][/URL]

Sounds like a cool ride Marv.

Comment

Way to go.
      Nothing like a little brisk weather riding to get you thru the wintertime 8) 8) 8)
      Doug [b]aka[/b] crag antler
      [img]http://home.ptd.net/~megabyte/misc/byejojo.jpg[/img]
      [B]83GS1100E, [I] gone[/I][/B]
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      [B]Please wear [/B][B]ATGATT[/B]
      [img]https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/CTFLGAMEMANHNYNCSCTNVTVAsm.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
        Way to go.
        Nothing like a little brisk weather riding to get you thru the wintertime 8) 8) 8)
        You are full of it Doug Cold weather rots royally

Comment

I'm jealous. I was going to ride this morning to work, but it was -4!! :x Supposed to warm into the mid-30's later this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no snow so I can hopefull ride it a couple more times before New Year's.

Brad tt

Comment

I got home last Wednesday and we needed to go to the church for a going away dinner. I needed to get some things for an Exec. Board meeting at the Legion so I told my wife to go on without me.

Then I went to get the truck and remembered my son still had my keys so I had to grab a helmet, jacket and boots and then make it down to the church.

It?s only about 3 miles so I didn't think it would be too bad. This was about 6:30 PM and 30 degrees F. It wasn't bad but the Legion meeting ran long so it was 09:00 and 22 degrees when I headed home.

The only thing that really bothered me on the way home was my knees. It took a couple of hours to get them moving to where they didn't hurt when I got home. It would have been a lot better if I had art least put chaps on over my jeans.

Comment

Working...
            X