Went for a Chilly Ride Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went for a Chilly Ride Today!

We have had a couple of weeks of Gray, Damp, Chilly Weather here lately and I hadn't started the GS in a couple of Weeks. Since it got cool, I have to put it on the Battery Tender to get it to Start at All. It was Sunny and about 40*F this afternoon and I was sitting Here at the Computer when I heard it from about a Half Mile away. The unmistakable High Pitched Whine of a Crotch Rocket Wound up Tight! When He Flashed in front of the House He was at 120+ easy, maybe faster! 8O
    That was Enough!, I hooked up the Tender and started getting My gear on. When She fired up I headed out on a 5 mile shakedown run since She hadn't been ridden since Thanksgiving. When I got back to the House I knew Two things, The Idle needed adjusting and My Tecnic Leather Jacket was NOT enough. I checked the air pressure in the Tires and it was Low. I adjusted the Idle and changed into a Snowboarding Jacket and headed into town. Added air to the tires and headed over to Wal Mart for some Sta Bil. I added the Sta Bil while at Wal Mart so It could circulate through the whole system During the ride home. I also noted that Wal Mart has a battery for the 850 for 31.99. (added that to my Christmas list!) All in All it was a nice ride after I got the right gear on. Only My face got really cold so I think I will also add a face stocking from the Hunting Dept. to My List as well.

I didn't wind it up as tight as the Crotch Rocket that got Me inspired, but that ain't the 850's purpose.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Sounds like a cool ride Marv.

Comment

Way to go.
      Nothing like a little brisk weather riding to get you thru the wintertime 8) 8) 8)
      Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
      2000 Kawasaki Concours
      Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
        Way to go.
        Nothing like a little brisk weather riding to get you thru the wintertime 8) 8) 8)
        You are full of it Doug Cold weather rots royally

Comment

I'm jealous. I was going to ride this morning to work, but it was -4!! :x Supposed to warm into the mid-30's later this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for no snow so I can hopefull ride it a couple more times before New Year's.

Brad tt

Comment

I got home last Wednesday and we needed to go to the church for a going away dinner. I needed to get some things for an Exec. Board meeting at the Legion so I told my wife to go on without me.

Then I went to get the truck and remembered my son still had my keys so I had to grab a helmet, jacket and boots and then make it down to the church.

It?s only about 3 miles so I didn't think it would be too bad. This was about 6:30 PM and 30 degrees F. It wasn't bad but the Legion meeting ran long so it was 09:00 and 22 degrees when I headed home.

The only thing that really bothered me on the way home was my knees. It took a couple of hours to get them moving to where they didn't hurt when I got home. It would have been a lot better if I had art least put chaps on over my jeans.

Comment

Working...
            X