First good ride of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First good ride of the year.

The weather finally came through today and we got some of the bikes out for a 150 miles worth of riding. Had to put a new battery in the GS, but I knew that was coming. Front tire has a slow leak so it was flat from sitting since October. I do keep it on a bike jack. It ran a little rough with the stabilizer in it, so I added a little octane boost and it settled right in. My son has been itching to ride it since last year when he first started riding on the street so he drove it while I took the LC and turned the keys to his Rebel over to my wife. My daughters bike is down for repairs I haven't got to yet, so she rode with me. With temps between 60-65 it got a little cool with the cloud cover, but not bad enough to break out the chaps. I try to avoid the super slab, so we took some backroads in the mountains to a little town that has a fifties theme restaraunt for lunch and returned by a different route home. I saw a lot of other bikes out today, so I guess I wasn't the only one chomping at the bit to get out. I'm hoping these means spring has come to the mountains and I can park my 15 MPG pick up and start riding the bike to work and back.

A great family ride!!

LC as in Yamaha?

Where did you ride?
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
      A great family ride!!

LC as in Yamaha?

Where did you ride?
      LC1500 now the C90 by Suzuki. LC stands for lounge chair .

Comment

Always nice to get out. Cool weather always gives the bike a little more pep too. Glad you had a good ride.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X