• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first ride!

19.1 miles. All in town.
    I was very nervous...
    ...for about a block!
    This is a blast! I was so freaked out after my last attempt at riding (extremely trashed neck bearings kind of locked the forks at center) that I was a wreck. Well, after fixing that, and lowering the front and the seat a bit to make pushing it around the driveway easier, the bike is a peach! I can't even feel how heavy it is until I stop. Man! I just can't get over how great that was! I even got into some pretty heavy traffic and kept my cool when some lady with three kids in the car talking on a cell phone came into my lane. I saw her well before I was upon her and anticipated exactly that. She finally looked when she was most of the way into my lane. I had stopped by that time. I just shook my head. Got two waves, one from a sport bike and one from a european looking dual purpose. maybe a BMW?
    Anyway, day one of a long riding experience has come!
    WOOHOO!!!!!!

Congrats on Getting Her On The Road. I have an 80 850 and You are Right, They are Very Light and Nimble when in Motion (not to Mention Addictive!:-D ) I went for a 25 Mile Spin this Afternoon got Rained on a Little and Still had a Ball!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
    X