Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 to zero in a snap

things to check befor a ride
    brake light, head light, turnsignals, brake response, possibly the tightness of the speedo cable
    well i was riding home from a meeting tonight on my usuale rout, i picked it because of the lack of traffic , a couple of good straights and up hill turns , no cars out so put the hammer down to blow the engine out and keep my plugs cleen , or any excuse i can think of just because it is just so much darn fun, right off the bat i see 40 go by then 50 , 60 , 70, i just peeked down to see 80 get poked by the needle , and dink right down to zero , i slow down and peek around my side covers to see my speedo cable slapin the pavement i couldent help but pull over and laugh because i thought the bike just riped it right out of the speedo but to my suprise it just rattled loose a quick road side reconnect and i was on my way i still came home smileing man i love this bike

the moral of this story put the hammer down and you will get a nice suprise:shock:
    Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2006, 01:35 AM.

And we complain about ineffective brakes. LOL
    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Good thing you checked to see if the bike was actually stopped before you got off!!!
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/
      https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4306/35860327946_08fdd555ac_z.jpg

Comment

one more thing to check

well i was headed home this evening and i thought my bike pooed it self , my first thought was a major fouled plug but turns out my fuel line was loose at the carb side i had to coast it up to a conviently placed 76 station , and the station attendent was kind enough to lend me a screwdriver , i think he felt bad for me i was trying to use a penny to tighten the little clamp[-o< , in heinsight i was pretty lucky :-D

Comment

Originally posted by cuttercustom2
          well i was headed home this evening and i thought my bike pooed it self , my first thought was a major fouled plug but turns out my fuel line was loose at the carb side i had to coast it up to a conviently placed 76 station , and the station attendent was kind enough to lend me a screwdriver , i think he felt bad for me i was trying to use a penny to tighten the little clamp[-o< , in heinsight i was pretty lucky :-D
          You ought to carry at least a Swiss Army Knife. That would at least keep you from relying on spare change as your tools.
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

tool kit

i was planing on getting a tool bag for under my seat when i cleaned up the wireing harness and got it all wraped up i ended up with a good sized space above my battery (the air box was gone when i got the bike) but for now that is a good idea with the all in one. i think i have one laying around some where

Comment

that's why I always have my leatherman in my jacket pocket when I'm on the bike.

(well, that and it also doubles as the "key" for my gas cap)

Comment

Working...
              X