A Score for Mom.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Score for Mom.....

\\/ Ironic.... found this on our aniversary!! Wasn't really looking. Needs some TLC, but will get there. Got plenty of time while mommy takes MC training!!! Man is she geeked!!! Couldn't even say the "bike" word 6 months ago... The magic potion worked, its in her blood now......:-D :-D :-D

ghwrenchit

1980 GS750E
    1982 GS550L (the new addition... beats having babies @ 43!!)

That's sweet! I'd like to find a bike for my wife one of these days.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Nice score,:shock: I'll say.I need to find one of those for my wife!\\/

Comment

needs maintenance? $150 ???

WOW I'd say that's a score. Even if the motor..........well ok I won't go that far, but a great score.
        Glad Mom's taking the course.

Let her learn, no rush.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Ummmm.... don't mean to rub it in :-D :-D but I drove it onto the trailer.... he he he he!!! There is more to this story..... that's why the MAX is sitting in the backgound on jackstands. Me and junior could have had serious issues.... And it would have have been my fault. I'll follow up later after dinner but all I can say is this... d@mn good thing she wasn't driving.....

Edit: "Thank God she wasn't driving"

ghwrenchit
          Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2006, 06:18 PM.

Comment

So here it is....

I get up Saturday morning to put new Chen-Shin barracuda's on the 750, in between setting the kid's pool up and filling it (15'x4' intek).

I was looking to upgrade the cheap-@ss pump and filter anywhy, and my neighbor stops over to ask "do you need anything from the store?"..... I say ya, grab me a paper... need to look in the bargain section for a pool pump/sand filter.

M's not to far from P (pool), and there it was, Motorcycle, GS550. I called, got my @ss in gear, and junior (Jared) and I went up US131 at 80-85mph in the Maxima.

Got within three miles of the place and I noticed the front wheels on the car pulling hard to the right all of a sudden. I press on, luckily we were off the highway.

I look at said bike, write the check, and leave planning to come back with the van and trailer. Got two block's away and BAM, Squeall, front left tire cocks in while I'm looking at parts rolling down the road in the side view mirror.

Pull over, go to inspect the parts in the road..... lower control arm bushings that I had just installed 1 month prior, driver side wheel is hanging out from the car.

After a flatbed ride home, I realized one thing.... when a manual say's don't re-use a fastener, they mean it!!!! I was a cheap-@ss and re-used the lower control arm "crimp nuts". Bad move, but one GS happier I guess!!!

ghwrenchit
            Last edited by Guest; 06-11-2006, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X