Success.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success.

I've had my GS 850 for almost two years.

Today is the first day that its run without backfiring, missing, popping, or being to dang lean. After a new Dyna S ignition, new exhaust, carb tuning, O-rings, boots, heli-coil kits, cam chain adjuster problems, waiting for parts, tracing wires etc., and finally raising the needles on my carbs after taking them completely apart a few times, I can finally see that maybe this project will turn out good. All this time I was never really sure.

When I ripped by our only gas station at about 15,000 rpm (slight exaggeration), the town maintenance man applauded.

Yeah. Its nice to have some success at something once in a while. Looks like I might be a full fledged GSer after all.

Woooooo-Hoooo!!!!!!!!Congratulations!\\/

Comment

LMAO. Thanks.

Comment

So Mark are Ya Riding to Missouri Next Week?:-D
        sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
        2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I had every intention of making it, made my reservation months at Roaring River months ago, but cancelled out, just ran out of time, family health issues have sent me on a few unexpected plane trips. Even though its running good now, my turn signals don't work (need to figure out how to go to manual), the rear brakes and caliper need work, and my steering head bearings are very bad as well. I thought in a year I'd be ready, but just haven't got it together.

Comment

Well You Could Drive Down. I decided that Once I got the Time Off I was Going Regardless. Right Now the 850 seems to be All for it!:-D

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Mark you could run down on Friday and join us for Friday evening get together. Not sure what we are doing Friday evening. I'm thinking maybe I'll talk everyone into eating in the Conference room at the lodge. Conference room is free with purchase of dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave
                Mark you could run down on Friday and join us for Friday evening get together. Not sure what we are doing Friday evening. I'm thinking maybe I'll talk everyone into eating in the Conference room at the lodge. Conference room is free with purchase of dinner.
                I Like that Idea Dave. That would Give us that are Straggling in Late a Chance to Meet More Folks!

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Glad to hear this Mark. All the pain is worth it once you finally get it right

Comment

Hey Hoomgar, you should ride down to Mo. to see us. I just punched it into mapquest, and you could do a saddle sore 1000 on the way down, and on the way back. http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=mo&2z=&r=f We'd love to see you there.

Comment

Hey Hoomgar, you should ride down to Mo. to see us. I just punched it into mapquest, and you could do a saddle sore 1000 on the way down, and on the way back. http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2s=mo&2z=&r=f We'd love to see you there.
                      I'll be in NY this weekend Dave. I'm joining you folks next year though

Thanks for the invite!

Comment

Thanks for the hospitality Dave, appreciate it. But last year I showed up in a van, if I show up again its on the bike. The door slammer thing just won't cut it this year. I AM sorry I can't make it.

Comment

Hey Mark...glad your getting it all sorted out...always enjoy your posts and at times I can feel your frustrations with the project. Hang in there...once completed you'll have to start over with a another one. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by beby99
                            Hey Mark...glad your getting it all sorted out...always enjoy your posts and at times I can feel your frustrations with the project. Hang in there...once completed you'll have to start over with a another one. :-D
                            Thanks. Once in a while its been a good thing that there aren't any cliffs in Nebraska. But overall I'm enjoying this project very much, even though I'm not riding it that much yet. I think by the time I can start on a new one I'll be too old to ride.

Comment

Congrats on getting it sorted out Mark. We have a couple of cliffs around here, but lucky, for me I never got that frustrated. That's funny Mark. I guess your 850 must have the balck box turn signal controller? I'll send you a description of my solution in a pm. Enjoy your new found success. Ray
                              "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                              GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                              1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                              1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                              1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
                              X