Am I Nuts for Trying This!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I Nuts for Trying This!?

OK, I am Planning to Head for Cassvile MO Wed. for the JoJo Rally. That is 389 Miles One Way on a 26 Year Motorcycle With Excessive Heat Advisories in Effect! In the Last Two Years I Have: Driven to Brewster Ohio in a 1990 Dodge Caravan Towing a U-Haul to Pick up the 850. 1000 miles Round Trip. I drove a 1975 Ford Maverick to Florida for My Son and Flew Home. I think the Local Shop here that Did some Work on it (water Pump and Hoses) had a Pool on How Far I woud Get! No problems on Either Trip. Will My Luck Hold? Prayers and Advice Welcome!:-D
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Originally posted by marvinsc
    Will My Luck Hold? Prayers and Advice Welcome!:-D
    Signs point to yes.:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Oliver880
      Signs point to yes.:-D
      You Consulted a Magic 8 Ball didn't Ya!:-D

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

WoW... a pocket billiards professional with Psychic abilities....

...Man this site has EVERYTHING......:shock:
        Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2006, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Marv,
          Like your sig line says
          an excellent machine

Should be agood ride on that 850
          Just bring and drink lots of water, not coffee or soda, h2o!!
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Take a little bit longer breaks than you would normally to allow the bike to cool a little. Put fresh oil in the bike. When you stop to get gas, put your helmet in the ice cooler outside that most gas stations have there. In a few minutes your helmet will be nice and cool. Bring a spare clutch cable, bulbs and a quart of your chosen oil along.

Finally, remember that you are on a GS. Mine has never left me stranded (knock on wood).
            Currently bikeless
            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Bring a spare clutch cable ...
              Is it common to break clutch cables? I've broken 2 in probably 2 months.

-Ian

Comment

OK, I am Planning to Head for Cassvile MO Wed. for the JoJo Rally. That is 389 Miles One Way on a 26 Year Motorcycle With Excessive Heat Advisories in Effect!
                Don't worry about the bike. If it breaks, call me and I'll trailer it back to KY for you. :-D I'll Pm you my #.

Comment

Doing the distance

Not to worry, your trustworthy GS will get-cha there AND back....& you'll enjoy every mile of it! You worry Too much.
                  ___________________________________________Rick... .....

Comment

Originally posted by Rick
                    Not to worry, your trustworthy GS will get-cha there AND back....& you'll enjoy every mile of it! You worry Too much.
                    ___________________________________________Rick... .....

yuppperz- ditto that...

one of the few bikes that dont need that special fuel additive we call...prayer...:shock:

enjoy the ride m8

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                      Take a little bit longer breaks than you would normally to allow the bike to cool a little. Put fresh oil in the bike. When you stop to get gas, put your helmet in the ice cooler outside that most gas stations have there. In a few minutes your helmet will be nice and cool. Bring a spare clutch cable, bulbs and a quart of your chosen oil along.

Finally, remember that you are on a GS. Mine has never left me stranded (knock on wood).
                      Check, Check, and Check. Thanks for the Well Wishes Folks!:-D

Where I've been Riding

Comment

..... Prayers and Advice Welcome!:-D

[-o< !

Bring what you can for tools! I think the bike'll be fine, you'll be tired and a bit sore but the bike'll be fine!

Go for it a nd take many pictures!!

Comment

It usually makes better decisions then I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Oliver880
                            It usually makes better decisions then I do.
                            Yep, Me Too at Your Age!:-D

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Yep, Me Too at Your Age!:-D
                              Last night I was going to have just one beer...ya that was a good plan. Plan b was instituted within 5 mins and there was no looking back.

Comment

Working...
                              X