Good GSR ride in NE today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good GSR ride in NE today...

We had a good turn out for today's ride. 10 bikes. We left Acton MA from MotoMart and headed west on 119, all the way to Brattleboro VT. Charlie let me ride his Sprint for a while- so friggin' sweet. Gassed up, and headed out on route 9 west, one of my favorite roads to ride. Definitely tested the upper end of the GS capabilities with Skip sticking right with me. Stopped at Hogback Mtn. to check out the view and take the attached picture. Once at route 100, Keith pointed out a good bar-b-que place. Started to rain while we were inside, so everyone just headed back towards home. I wasn't in NH more than 20 minutes when it was bright and sunny out. All in all a great day to go for a ride with some great people. Here is the proof that we actually rode: :-D

Thanks for a good ride Keith! \\/
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

That's me waving in the picture :-D

jethro ya got a zoom on that thing?

Yea it was a good ride....until it started to rain.
    And here's a tip for everyone, mesh jackets are not water proof or water
    resistant! :-D I left the liner home.........anyway.

My day started at 6am on my way down the highway, 93 south, to setup
    a m/c course on Hanscomn AFB. I'm in the middle lane cruising along about 80...ish. I see a bike in the far left lane coming along side me.
    As he gets next to me this moron on his Road King decides to completely shut down the throttle.............obnoxious noisy prick......
    So I decide to "get away" by the way, I'm on the Triumph, little 885cc triple against that big brawny, made in the USA boat anchor.
    This time the British won.......at about 125+ he was an image in my mirror.
    He insisted on doing this, shut off the throttle, back pressure, obnoxiuos noise 1/2 a dozen times ?

Anyway, back to the fun ride.........yea 10 of us. Some guys I haven't seen in awhile, Skip and his buddy Ernie. Wants to see a guy ride a 96
    Honda Hurricane? Watch Ernie, well his tail light.
    Met spchps from "Turners Falls MA. Good rider!
    Brion, aka BGK and Shaunt aka ARD and Tom Lee ( not the drummer:-D )
    Haven't seen these guys since last year! I think it was like 28F then wasn't it? We were very bundled up.

Anyway 119>>> rte 9 west out of Brattleboro VT. This is a road that could be used for MotoGP or F1 with the HIGH speed corners. And very nice elevation changes. And Vermont should be commended for keeping their highways in such wonderful condition. Otherwise we would not be able to ride at such a fun pace.
    The other thing with Vermont citizens, they LET YOU PASS.
    They actually move over and give you room, even if it's not a passing zone. They get out of the way.

So after a very good pulled pork sandwich we depart in the rain.
    And it was not a drenching rain, it was the irritating kind. And humid and............oh geeezzz I'm getting to sound like Leo....

Speaking of Leo, on the way home, we kinda went a few different ways, Charlie and I had Leo following us..........well he tried.........

We thought he hooked up with the HD riders as we didn't see him behind us for few miles. Turns out he was being cautious in the rain.
    Good idea, kinda new rider on a new to him bike.

So all in all, a good day. I did about 250 miles round trip.
    Not bad for having heart surgery 2 weeks ago, huh?
    can't wait until I feel better :-D
    Last edited by KGB; 08-19-2006, 07:51 PM.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by KGB View Post

So after a very goof pulled pork sandwich we depart in the rain.
      And it was not a drenching rain, it was the irritating kind. And humid and............oh geeezzz I'm getting to sound like Leo....

Speaking of Leo, on the way home, we kinda went a few different ways, Charlie and I had Leo following us..........well he tried.........

We thought he hooked up with the HD riders as we didn't see him behind us for few miles. Turns out he was being cautious in the rain.
      Good idea, kinda new rider on a new to him bike.

At least Leo can spell....
      Leo was taking it slow because a) it was wet b) Leo doesn't need any more god damn tickets. There were a couple of HD riders that got passed by both british and japanese bikes....The best was the guy with the mullet...or was it a skullet.

I'm the one with the backpack in the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
        We had a good turn out for today's ride. 10 bikes. Here is the proof that we actually rode: :-D

Thanks for a good ride Keith! \\/
        This is one of the many scenic splendors we see when we ride in Vermont. This is Hogback Mountain..........with the 100 mile view
        into New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
        Very bike friendly, or so the sign says at the restaurant.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Looks/Sounds like you guys had fun!!:-D I hope you all get together for a fall ride...I'll be there!!
          Good to hear that no one got pulled over...that's all that matters
          Be safe...

Comment

Originally posted by KGB View Post
            That's me waving in the picture :-D

jethro ya got a zoom on that thing?
            What, do you want a picture of just you? Why you selfish son of a...:shock: :-D
            Currently bikeless
            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

sounds great guys! hopefully by the next one my bike will be registered and I will have enough experience to keep up for a while (or at least keep you in my sights!)

Comment

Awsome time with all the New england GS bunch. We (Ernie and myself) started late but made great time on the highway and made up all our lost time. the routes Keith and Jerthro picked were great and that stretch of twist and turns were jethro opened up the old GS was the most fun I have had since my trip to deals gap in june. When jethro updates to modern technology he will be one tough cookie deal with. I am still a little shell shocked since my day in jail for "engaging in a speed competition" and speeding. so I was a little nervous about hiding LEOS ( I thought I saw one and slowed way down but it was a figment of my imagination) otherwise I was very happy following jethro's very brisk pace.
                The food at the BBQ place was great and although it rained about 30% of the time,Ernie and I had a great ride home, all backroads into connecticut and then the highway for only 1/2 hour. All in All a great day and I cant wait for the mooshead lake Maine trip.

Comment

So jealous... but my time will come too! What a great way to spend a day!!!

Comment

You all suck! You know that right?

How comes a quick put together gets more riders than a 3 month planned ride? I don't get it? Looks like a lot of fun was had!

Rock on 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar View Post

How comes a quick put together gets more riders than a 3 month planned ride? I don't get it? Looks like a lot of fun was had!

Rock on 8)

Well, I didn't wanna bring it up, but since you did....

BECASUE THE NEW ENGLAND GS'ERS ARE THE BEST!!!!\\/ \\/
                      Currently bikeless

Comment

hahaha - you guys rock- gr8 'kn stuff.....

all that fun and yas get 2 torture Hoomdude too - dun get much better than that....

unless of course your at the FCUK INN :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar View Post

Rock on 8)
                          because I had missed a lot of rides this year with the new england bunch once i knew I could ride saturday, I reached for the trusty cell phone and called some new england members who have not been posting latley. They then in turn got a hold of a few more and the next thing we knew we had almost ten bikes.

Comment

actually skip...we had 10 on the dot

Comment

Originally posted by lord1234 View Post
                              actually skip...we had 10 on the dot
                              I only counted your bike as 1/2 a bike:-D

Comment

Working...
                              X