No announcement yet.

Good GSR ride in NE today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in the words of Rodney King--we all get along!

Yes it was agood ride, even the rain wasn't that bad
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
      I only counted your bike as 1/2 a bike:-D
      you really wanna argue with the computer geek about numbers? That's a mistake...

Comment

*sigh*... maybe my schedule will allow me to attend the next NE ride... I keep trying, but my schedule is wall-to-wall insane...

Comment

Originally posted by NATEO View Post
          sounds great guys! hopefully by the next one my bike will be registered
          [MissFabulous] "So jealous... but my time will come too!"

...Same boat.
          So yeah sure guys. Just... keep... feeding the fire.
          Or is that "rubbing it in"?
          I had a GS450L almost 20 yrs ago and no-one to ride with, so I let it go.
          I sure wish Al Gore would've invented the internet a lot earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by lord1234 View Post
            you really wanna argue with the computer geek about numbers? That's a mistake...

lets see............we can do the math , my bike is 1200cc yours is 450 cc. your bike is 37.5 % (450 divided by 1200 =.375 or 37.5 percent) the size of mine. .375 = 3/8th in fractions, 3/8ths is less than half so it cant be rounded up to a whole number. thus your bike is only counted as 1/2 a bike ....................any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
              lets see............we can do the math , my bike is 1200cc yours is 450 cc. your bike is 37.5 % (450 divided by 1200 =.375 or 37.5 percent) the size of mine. .375 = 3/8th in fractions, 3/8ths is less than half so it cant be rounded up to a whole number. thus your bike is only counted as 1/2 a bike ....................any questions?

I could be wrong, but isnt leo on a 650? which would round up to a whole bike?

Comment

my bike has 673CC of displacement last I checked...

mind you i haven't ridden my bike since yesterday...but yes...that engine case does say its a 650...which means 673CC...oops...

skip...i know your getting old...does that means your eye sight is shot along with your mind?

and...aren't you on a pink bike? which automatically makes your bike a chick bike...which makes you half a man?

Comment

mind you i haven't ridden my bike since yesterday...but yes...that engine case does say its a 650...which means 673CC...oops...

skip...i know your getting old...does that means your eye sight is shot along with your mind?

and...aren't you on a pink bike? which automatically makes your bike a chick bike...which makes you half a man?

ouch...:-D

Comment

OOPs my bad, you see I assumed judging by the speed you were traveling ( or lack of) and by the amount of flesh hanging off either side of the seat that your bike must be a 450 cc. I guess i stand corrected on the size of your bike.
                    know tell me Leo, how do you know what color my bike is any how? all you ever saw was its tail lights :-D :-D

Comment

because I had missed a lot of rides this year with the new england bunch once i knew I could ride Saturday, I reached for the trusty cell phone and called some new england members who have not been posting lately. They then in turn got a hold of a few more and the next thing we knew we had almost ten bikes.
                      Hey Skip mark your calender for the 28th of July thru the 5th of Aug. 2007 We will be getting together somewhere in West Virginia. Make your calls early and bring the whole gang down. Even that 1/2 bike you were talking about.

3rd Annual GS Suzuki National Convention (In Memory Of JoJo Buitenweg) July 28th -Aug. 5th 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pntrdave View Post
                        Hey Skip mark your calender for the 28th of July thru the 5th of Aug. 2007 We will be getting together somewhere in West Virginia. Make your calls early and bring the whole gang down. Even that 1/2 bike you were talking about.

3rd Annual GS Suzuki National Convention (In Memory Of JoJo Buitenweg) July 28th -Aug. 5th 2007
                        Hey, I'm the ring leader of NE!! 8-[

I am there for sure, buy these other pansies can't seem to make a commitment that far in advance. Skips pink bike makes him the woman in the family, so he probably has to beg permission by the head of household. Kieth has a weak heart, but I can't bash him for that... like Steve Austin, they can rebuild him, they have the technology! Andy works to freaking much, Joel is a carreer man in the Gaurd- who knows what those fruits might be doing on any given weekend (maybe a weenie roast?) Leo may come down, but he'll have to take off twice the time and we'll give him a 2 day head start down to WV- probably still beat him down. Bob is a trooper, if we can get him to stop polishing his new FJR he just may come on down. Luke just may show up, if he hasn't shrunk down so much that his 1166 is too much for him to handle. Brion will need a full accounting of the cost of the trip before he makes a commitment. Doug will probably be too busy cleaning bedpans to get his leaky headgasket back together by next summer. There's more, but I'm tired of beating on people right now...
                        Currently bikeless
                        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

skip...the only thing that made me sad in that statement..was "the amount of flesh hanging off my seat"...which is funny...since you are heavier than me...

and you're right..i didn't keep up...i wasn't planning to...you already spent a night in jail...i don't want to follow in your footsteps.

Comment

and you're right..i didn't keep up...i wasn't planning to...you already spent a night in jail...i don't want to follow in your footsteps.
                            Awww, you have no sense of adventure.
                            Currently bikeless
                            '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                            '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                              Awww, you have no sense of adventure.

taking it in the butt from Bubba...is NOT my idea of adventure...

Comment

skip...the only thing that made me sad in that statement..was "the amount of flesh hanging off my seat"...which is funny...since you are heavier than me...

of course I am heavier than you are, im a foot taller :-D when I was your age I weighed 150 lbs is that what you weigh? And by the way I did not spend a night in jail , get the story staight. I spent from about 10:00 am to 3:45 pm :-D and there was no bubba, his name was Ben, Ben Dover.:-D :-D

Comment

Working...
                                X