Blind as a Bat/Bad Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind as a Bat/Bad Day

The good wife told me on Sunday (Fathers Day) to take a nice coastal trip on the 750 for a couple of hours.She didn,t have to ask twice so got the bike out onto the driveway.Put the jacket and helmet on.Out onto the road the wife decided to follow with our 1yr old in the car.Got about 20 metres when something didn,t feel right.I did not have my glasses on.Was positive that I had taken them off to put my helmet on.Went back inside searched high and low couldn,t find them.One hour passes by this time I am coming out with some of the most glorious language of all time.Then I decided bugger it Im not going anywhere now Im over it.Stood out in the driveway having a ciggie pondering what would of been when the wife lets out a "oh no".She picks up the remains of my glasses smashed lenses ,twisted frames off the road out front.I was so worked up by this stage that all I could do was laugh.
    So there was no ride as I need the glasses for riding/driving but should have a new pair tomorrow.

I really have learnt my lesson.No doubt I hung the glasses over the handle bars put the helmet on and in all of my eagerness to get out on the road they have fallen off and no doubt the wife who was following has run over them.
    Now I know how Mr Magoo felt.

Brenno

I'm Really Trying Not to Laugh! No Really I Am!:-D
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Lucky for me....I can't do that.

I couldn't find the end of the drive without my glasses...:-D

BTW...glasses suck!

Bob T.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Lucky for me....I can't do that.

I couldn't find the end of the drive without my glasses...:-D

BTW...glasses suck!

Bob T.
        Can you say Lasik Beautiful thing but now I think I need reading glasses.

Comment

Funny thing is about 20 years ago when I was at college in Florida (St. Leo College), I borrowed my roomate's Camaro to go to Tampa and spend the day with my girlfriend. Filled up on gas just when I left school, and didn't realize it but I left my wallet on the rear louvers of the car all day and almost all night driving all over the place. Luck would have it, it was still there when I got back home. Happened once 20 yrs ago, and never again.

Comment

OH, man! You didn't have an extra or an older pair anywhere? I always keep my most recent previous pair for emergency glasses. Next time, splurge on an ultra cheapo extra pair for times like this.

Sorry, dude!

Comment

Man thats a bummer.

Glasses are expensive, i just spent over 500 bucks on two pair! :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                I'm Really Trying Not to Laugh! No Really I Am!:-D
                I'm not - I'm ****ing myself

Comment

Two words. Modular Helmet.

I can't count the number of times that I put my glasses down and then spend the next two hours looking for thefreakingthings'causeIknowthe dangedwifeorkidshaveputthemawayorsomethingwhythehe 11doshedothatcan'tsheleavemystuffaloneg-damnit, oh...I'm...wearingthem...

Comment

Originally posted by Plasterdog View Post

I can't count the number of times that I put my glasses down and then spend the next two hours looking for thefreakingthings'causeIknowthe dangedwifeorkidshaveputthemawayorsomethingwhythehe 11doshedothatcan'tsheleavemystuffaloneg-damnit, oh...I'm...wearingthem...
                    LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Plasterdog View Post

Man that is p%ss funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Desolation Angel View Post
                        OH, man! You didn't have an extra or an older pair anywhere? I always keep my most recent previous pair for emergency glasses. Next time, splurge on an ultra cheapo extra pair for times like this.

Sorry, dude!

Herb

My exact thoughts.....after the event of course.Two pairs are on their way

Brenno

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Logan View Post
                          I'm not - I'm ****ing myself

Aw c,mon I might be half blind at the moment but am not deaf ,can hear you from here

Brenno

Comment

Working...
                          X