Thank You To Redman (brian Wringer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You To Redman (brian Wringer)

I was given a '80 GS850GL a few months ago. I was right in the middle of restoring my '71 BSA 650 Thunderbolt, when, due to a job loss, I was forced to sell it. I was pretty distraught. Motorcycles are a passion for me and I have always dreamed of owning my own. I had surprised my husband with a '78 Honda CB750F Supersport about a year ago. Actually, it was supposed to be my bike to ride while I was working on my BSA but my husband (who really wasn't into motorcycles that much) took it for a spin and has ridden it everyday since. That's ok because I must admit, the Honda is too tall for me.

Anyway, I digress. I was helping a friend of mine get his '80 GS850GL running and my husband mentioned to him that I had to sell my BSA. The biek wasn't really cooperating for the guys, so I tried a few things and started to make a little headway. Who knows, maybe the bike liked me.

A few weeks later, I received a call from my hubby and he told me that our friend decided to give the bike to me, outright. He was tired of messing with it and he knew how much I wanted to ride.

I was amazed. Even more, I had started talking to Brian Wringer, one of the senior members of the GS resources. Everytime I had a question, he was always there with a great answer.

Brian has been patient and kind and not once has he talked down to me. Being a woman in a mans world can give me a lot of headaches. However, this project has been headache free. Brian has provided links to everything I needed to know.

We are taking this step by step and am I getting really close to getting this baby on the road. I like doing all the work (or as much of it as I can) myself. With Brian's help, I am well on my way.

Thank you, Brian, for sharing your knowledge and expertise and never showing frusteration with all my questions. I am sure you have answered these type of query's many times before, but that has never stopped you from being kind.

:-D :-D

Mmmm....when ever I ask questions of Brian I always get this response: "go take a flying ****" :? . just kidding

Way to go Brian...thats why this place rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by beby99 View Post
      Mmmm....when ever I ask questions of Brian I always get this response: "go take a flying ****" :? . just kidding

Way to go Brian...thats why this place rocks.

8-) :-D That's cuz you're a guy!!! The one advantage of being a chick that works on her own sh#$! \\/ (only kiddin you!)

Comment

Yeah Brian rocks Darci. Just to help me understand because I reread your post twice and can't find it? Where does Redman come into all of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar View Post
          Yeah Brian rocks Darci. Just to help me understand because I reread your post twice and can't find it? Where does Redman come into all of this?

Good question....don't know where I got it from....I was having a "blonde" moment......

Comment

Lots of great people like that here! Last night, it was pretty late and I got an email back from a Craig's List seller and wanted to pick brains asap, and felt like my questions were way too basic to post in any of the tech forums. Basically, I wanted to confirm what I thought I knew, and found Billy Oliver online on MSN. I went to sleep knowing I had way better knowledge to arm myself with the seller, and feeling all warm and fuzzy because I've found such an amazingly helpful and fun bunch of people. I can't even begin to count all the people who have freely and happily helped this newbie out with advice of all kinds, and I've had tons of laughs with many of them, too. I've never found a better bunch of people online, in any kind of forum.

Welcome, Darci - you've found a great place and I look forward to reading about your adventures. With any luck, I'll have some to share soon too!

Comment

Originally posted by Darci View Post
              Good question....don't know where I got it from....I was having a "blonde" moment......

Well they are both great guys. I just figured I was missing something and was truly curious. I have completed repairs and mods both already with the help of Brian's advice in both post form and off his web site.

Comment

Aw shucks, it weren't nothin'...

Man, I'm sort of embarassed. But thanks for all the kudos, Darci! It's just nice to know another GS850 is going to be back on the road soon.

Dave (redman) is a great guy, too, so I don't mind the confusion too much...
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
                X