I think someone stole my bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think someone stole my bike!

I went on a great ride Saturday. We went from Denver through Golden to Nederland to Boulder -- a beautiful, twisty-turney ride through the Colorado canyons -- the leaves were amazing and the weather perfect. I was getting much more confident in the twisties and I had a really great time winding through them.

I left my bike in a parking garage (they have free saturday/sunday parking at this garage.). I had a hard-time finding a spot and thought about parking in a corner or on the sidewalk with the crotch-rockets, but decided to wait for a real space. I had a few drinks, got a ride to my friends apartment and when I came back to the garage the next day, my GS550 was gone!

I called the police, they checked the city impound records, said they didn't find anything and the bike was probably stolen.

I'm still hoping it got impounded for some BS reason.

I can't understand why anyone would steal a bike like this. It's not worth much to anyone but me, you can't register it, and the paint isn't even in good shape...

I only had the bike a little over a month and have been out on the street working on it day and night; my apartment is filled with motorcycle tools, chemicals, stripped screws, etc. I just mounted new tires too.

I took this picture a few days ago -- I was going to photoshop some different paint designs.

With all the time and money I put into this bike it's really dissapointing that I probablly won't see her again...

Z

Oh man... That sucks. I hope your bike turns up in one piece. :-(
    2010 Honda VFR1200F
    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Probably better impounded than stolen - at least you can get it back. Best of luck, keep us posted, and keep the chin up! I can't even imagine how upsetting this must be for you!

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post
        Oh man... That sucks. I hope your bike turns up in one piece. :-(

ditto m8

bastages

will keep an eye out for ya...

Comment

Thats a pretty devestating story.Hopefully the bike will turn up.

Brenno

Comment

Originally posted by zach_denver View Post

I called the police, they checked the city impound records, said they didn't find anything and the bike was probably stolen...

I can't understand why anyone would steal a bike like this. It's not worth much to anyone but me, you can't register it, and the paint isn't even in good shape...

Z
            The answer unfortunately is e-bay. It used to be only late models, and Harley-Dees that were targeted. Now anything on wheels can be sold off in parts on auction.

Watch to see if any of your body work turns up. The cases and frame won't.

Comment

did you check w garage?

Sorry to hear its gone missing.#-o

Just wondering if there was a posted sign up in the garage about overnight parking and a telephone number for whatever towing company they might be contracted with for such things. Can't imagine that the area would be a high crime area but I guess you never know.

Did u lock the forks by chance? (I've done that by accident on mine and its a bugger to get unlocked..)

Comment

Was this in the central parking garage in Boulder??? Maybe some college dudes pulled a prank or something...

Comment

Yeah, I didn't lock the forks -- I thought it was safe in downtown Boulder, at worst, I thought it might end up smelling like patchouli oil -- I really didn't think anyone would steal it.

It was a city garage (11th and Spruce), I called several times and they said no motorcycles had been impounded; I still hope it was or was just joy-rided and (miraculously) not destroyed.

I'm thinking I might drive up and post some pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by jimcor View Post
                    The answer unfortunately is e-bay. It used to be only late models, and Harley-Dees that were targeted. Now anything on wheels can be sold off in parts on auction.

Watch to see if any of your body work turns up. The cases and frame won't.
                    If the bike does not turn up check your local Craig's list and papers too.
                    Be sure to file a report with the Police, not just a call!

Very sorry to hear this. I know first hand the feeling !

This parking garage, no staff, no cameras??

Comment

Too bad..

Sorry to hear about your bike.People can be such a-holes.Looked like a pretty good commuter bike.I would file a written report.It would make me sick if a bike was stolen from me..Good Luck!!
                      It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. - Thomas Huxley

Comment

Zach, I live in by Flatirons and am around Boulder quite a bit so I can keep an eye out for it for ya. Not to be negative, but there has been a rash of car and motorcycle thefts in this area as of late. My car was even stolen a few months back. Make sure that you do file a report tho so that if it does end up in an impound lot, it will show up stolen when they run the vin on it. Also, go back to the garage and look around for towing company signs. The garage may not know if it has been towed, but the towing company can tell you since they sometimes roam lots late at night looking for anything that shouldn't be parked there. :???:

Comment

How frigin rude......Dirty basstrds...I know your sick in the pit of your gut, been there. Probably most of us have been there.
                          I had a 67 Chevelle that I had just put a small block fueler in 2 weeks before it was stolen.
                          The garage should know their towing company. Did they have anyone working that night that may have seen something?
                          I can only wish you the best. I know I would just crap if one of my babies was kidnapped by some stranger.
                          Sorry man.
                          *Steve*

Comment

File a police report and check the garage for cameras... A friend threw such a fit that he basically forced the cops to take him to the garage and reveiw the tape. Turned out his ex wife's new hubby stole the bike, cought him plain as day on the vid. The cop basically confessed later that they probably would not have taken the time to look at the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf View Post
                              File a police report and check the garage for cameras... A friend threw such a fit that he basically forced the cops to take him to the garage and reveiw the tape. Turned out his ex wife's new hubby stole the bike, cought him plain as day on the vid. The cop basically confessed later that they probably would not have taken the time to look at the tape.
                              Man, that p!sses me off!

And the po-leece wonder why they have such bad reputations with the average person. :roll: It's a vehicle, officer, sir, not just a hubcap! :roll: Could you possibly put any effort into finding it? :roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X