Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desolation Angel View Post
    Man, that p!sses me off!

And the po-leece wonder why they have such bad reputations with the average person. :roll: It's a vehicle, officer, sir, not just a hubcap! :roll: Could you possibly put any effort into finding it? :roll:
    I agree,

Our HOUSE was broken into a couple years ago and they really didn't seem to be too concerened. I had to ask the guy to check for prints!! Cars, bikes...the attitiude I feel is: We'll give you a call at some point when (and if) the trashed, stripped, torched shell turns up.

My car was broken into over the summer and I felt as if I was bothering the station by calling!

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf View Post
      File a police report and check the garage for cameras... A friend threw such a fit that he basically forced the cops to take him to the garage and reveiw the tape. Turned out his ex wife's new hubby stole the bike, cought him plain as day on the vid. The cop basically confessed later that they probably would not have taken the time to look at the tape.
      Boy, I like that one runewolf. Going from the lowest low to the highest high. The ex got screwed twice and your friend got his man.

Comment

Man, that really does suck. I agree with the rest of these guys. Let us know if you need a lynch mob.

Comment

Originally posted by runewolf View Post
          File a police report and check the garage for cameras... A friend threw such a fit that he basically forced the cops to take him to the garage and reveiw the tape. Turned out his ex wife's new hubby stole the bike, cought him plain as day on the vid. The cop basically confessed later that they probably would not have taken the time to look at the tape.
          If you love that 'ol Suzuki as much as I love mine, don't stop your investigation. Walk around the area surrounding the parking garage and look for businesses, gas stations, bars, and liquor stores that might have a camera monitoring a portion of the street. Tip the managers and ask them if you can review the tapes if they still have them. Thieves have even been caught on ATM video cameras, even when they didn't use the ATM, just in the vicinity or going by. Talk to the banks about those. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
            If the bike does not turn up check your local Craig's list and papers too.
            Be sure to file a report with the Police, not just a call!

Very sorry to hear this. I know first hand the feeling !

This parking garage, no staff, no cameras??
            Good Info-
            Hate to hear this news man freekign losers need a noose around their dang necks, forget jails ](*,)

Comment

If they made these crooks do time in jail instead of just a slap on the wrist ? Just had a group of MC thieves busted here =D> =D> =D> They took the wrong bike, A Kaw with LOJACK

Comment

Zach, just got home yesterday and just now saw this today.

This sucks. Probably some jerk with a truck that came by and picked it up. I'll keep an eye out for parts or the whole bike showing up on the places I haunt.

Also check Boulder Bike Works in Longmont to make sure it doesn't show up there. (They're the closest bike salvage yard).

Think your dad will let you borrow his?

Roger

Comment

They Found it!!!!

They said they found it parked a few blocks away, and accused me of 'forgetting where I parked' -- this definitely was not the case, but I don't care, I'm just happy to have my Suzi back! ..And from the sounds of it, it probablly hasn't been vandalized.

It does have one theft detterant feature -- it is extremely difficult to start!

I'm going to try to pick it up tonight, more later...

Comment

Wow. Glad you got your bike back.

Lucky guy. And here I was looking for my field hockey stick and getting my rugby cleats on ready for a "group search" to find the low life who doesn't appreciated anything enough to respect the property of others.

Comment

Man, you are a lucky dude.

Kudoes for the coppers, too! Way to go Boulder PD. We appreciate you watching out for one of our guys! Lotta pds could have had the thing in their lot and would have ignored it if the parking space wasn't needed. =D>
                      Last edited by Guest; 10-04-2006, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zach_denver View Post
                        They said they found it parked a few blocks away, and accused me of 'forgetting where I parked' -- this definitely was not the case, but I don't care, I'm just happy to have my Suzi back! ..And from the sounds of it, it probablly hasn't been vandalized.

It does have one theft detterant feature -- it is extremely difficult to start!

I'm going to try to pick it up tonight, more later...
                        That ia absolutely fantastic. Now for a little scolding; never ever leave your bike with the front wheel unlocked. Never ever leave your bike in unfamiliar surroundings over night.
                        Now, with that said, Thank God you have it back. Let us know how it turns out and if its ok.

Comment

WOW! How cool is it that you got it back... good for you

Comment

That's fantastic! I'm glad you got it back!

Comment

Glad to hear you're getting it back. Hope it's all there and still running.

Guess if they stole it outta the garage, they got tired after a couple of blocks of pushing it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HammerHead
                                That ia absolutely fantastic. Now for a little scolding; never ever leave your bike with the front wheel unlocked. Never ever leave your bike in unfamiliar surroundings over night.
                                Second that!

Remember one thing. Most of the scum out there doing such things are lazy. If they have to get by sometimes even the simplest deterrent they'll move on to the next EASY target.

Hoping that the damage is minimal or nonexistent!

Comment

Working...
                                X