I think someone stole my bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kabonkie View Post
    Guess if they stole it outta the garage, they got tired after a couple of blocks of pushing it!!!
    The bastrd(s) was probably to lazy to walk down from where they had to park so thought they'ed get down the eazy way. Probably rode it as far as it would coast and left it.

Comment

I got her back! No damage, except for a $65 impound fee. It was really only a few blocks away, I checked it out on Google Maps -- they left it on Pearl Street. I bet it was just some drunk college kids, I'd wake up to all kinds of weird mayhem when I went to school there...

I don't want to give the Boulder Police too much credit, but they do know how to issue parking tickets -- I think that is the reason my bike was found! But I am very grateful to have gotten it back in one piece.

Don't worry, I'll lock the forks from now on! :-). Thanks to everyone who offered their help, I'll buy you a beer, or soda if you're out my way.

Z

Comment

Very cool...glade it all worked out for you.8)

Comment

Way to go Zach.Good on ya m8

Brenno

Comment

Congrats! I was hoping this story would have a happy ending!!!

Comment

whoa!! just saw this, holy crap! Glad you found it, I was about to get worried....

was the key even in it? does it look like they tried to hotwire it!?

Comment

wow, i'm so glad that you got it back...

Awesome story
                1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

That is awful! When I lived in Philly, I had my Blazer stolen by kids. Found it in a park filled with empty crack vials. I have been lucky and never lost a bike, yet. They steal em so fast that even if you're gone for a few minutes, they just load em into a van and they're gone. I haven't ridden in Boulder for a while, but, like you said, it seems like a relatively safe place to park.

I think craigslist.com would be a good place to search, too.
                  Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X