It's on the road....Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's on the road....Finally!

After a ten year riding hiatus, and about a year of riding my GF's little Rebel, I am finally back on the road. I have spent the last four months bringing my '82 GS850GL back out of a ten year hibernation (at least). I finally got the carbs synced properly last Thursday. Sunday I got the wheels off and new shoes put on Monday. The wheels went back on last night and I got her out on the road to scuff off the mold release film. After 10 very careful miles (and three not-so-careful ones), I took her home and put her up for the night. This morning I got up and rode her to work. I had the hugest grin on my face throughout the whole day. It turned off decidedly chilly and a bit drizzly this afternoon, so I took it pretty slow on the way home. By the time I got home, it had stopped raining, so out I went for a ride. 50 miles (and a few stops by friend's houses) later, I brought her back to the house. So this is what all of the hullabaloo about GSs is! This bike kicks ass! I am kind of glad I retained the step in the seat when I had it cut down, it kept me from sliding off the back when the power delivery surprised me once or twice! I can't wait for Friday, I have the day off and plan to burn up quite a few miles. Oh yeah, this bike takes a bit more weight to throw it around the corners than that little 250 does.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-18-2006, 11:02 PM.

congrats!!! I know what its like to have to wait...not 10 years, but a few months to sort out a title...

Have fun!!!

Comment

Wooo hoooo! Job well done - you put yoursefl on the map yet? http://www.frappr.com/gsers
      Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2006, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I recently put my bike back on the road, after a 13 year hibernation. I too know that great feeling of riding the old GS again.

Enjoy!

Comment

Looks really good mate .Congrats

Brenno
          Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2006, 04:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks guys. I am on the map Miss Fabulous. I do want to clarify that I have only owned this scoot for the last 4 months. The PO was the guy who let it sit. I am still finding little surprises that he left. Case in point: The tach was only working intermittently, and it appeared that the inner cable was too short. When I replaced the cable yesterday, I realized that the outer housing had broken years ago, and had been zip-tied back on to the flange. It was moving back and forth causing the inner cable to slip in and out of the tach.

Comment

Working...
            X